ID:1657286

(See the best response by Tom.)
Hello all,

I have been playing SS13 for a good while now. I recently moved to Germany from the U.S. to go to a university here.

As you might think, the university's internet has a firewall. It blocks any connection that looks like P2P file sharing, which includes BYOND. I looked around the forums and determined that my problem is likely the school's firewall. I went to our IT guy and asked him what to do, and he told me he would need to know what port the game uses, and then he would unblock that.

In his own searches he determined that 1521/TCP would do. He opened up that port on the server's firewall, and I attempted to connect. It didn't. It was stuck on "validating account."

Pinging the hub works. The pager will show the games, but not any player counts. Descriptions will not load.

My question is, what port should I tell him to open up? How do I determine that port?

Many thanks,

Malmalmalam
Best response
I wonder why they block outbound ports.

The hub currently runs on hub.byond.com on ports 6001 and 20002, so you'll need to be able to connect to those.

You'll also need to unblock whatever ip/port combination that the game you want to connect to is using, if it thinks that looks funny.