In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
EDIT: some hud stuff ( http://puu.sh/aYepg/60f7829119.png )

I spotted a Chocobo in this screenshot.

Final Fantasy fan-game confirmed.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Writing A New One wrote:
Ah, that's a little RPG we're working on. Here's Jose's website: http://www.el-sato.com/art.html

We're going to start making bi-weekly posts in roughly a month, most likely, on the game's website and the BYOND blogs. The posts will be relatively short but will show what we've done in the past few weeks along with a screenshot/gif.

I like Jose's art. Particularly the naked blonde girl.

The naked blonde girl is the best.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Doohl wrote:

That's a Chocobaka, a giant talking chicken that makes lots of silly comments during the quest. It's the first mount the player earns and isn't the brightest of the bunch.

There's going to be few other tributes as well from various other media too.
In response to Writing A New One
Writing A New One wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Doohl wrote:

That's a Chocobaka, a giant talking chicken that makes lots of silly comments during the quest. It's the first mount the player earns and isn't the brightest of the bunch.

The tribute to Dragon Ball should totally be a Nimbus Cloud mount.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Writing A New One wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Doohl wrote:

The tribute to Dragon Ball should totally be a Nimbus Cloud mount.

Pretty sure the game was suppose to be based on mythological adventures if I remember the help ad correctly. Seeing Easter eggs would be nice though.
Journey to the West is a mythological adventure.

NIMBUS CLOUDS OR RIOT.
I'm down for another show-off thread.

Gifs:
- shootah from a few years ago
- Hazordhu Archery from a couple years ago ago (slight network lag). The first bux disappears because the client had to download the rotated icon (not transform).
- shootah in space from last year
- Endure from this year
Endure is the only one that actually uses transforms, too. The projectile physics is relatively heavier on the CPU than the icon rotation (especially now that rotation's mostly client-side), but neither are very CPU-heavy at all. Maybe a shotgun that shoots a thousand projectiles all at once in all directions could cause a tiny freeze.
i just use missile() and call it a day.
In response to Kaiochao
ur so bad at endure
Yut Put wrote:
Doohl wrote:
I was just talking about the projectiles and effects in general. They may look like simple "continue to follow the target" projectiles, but I get the feeling projectiles of the caliber I'm attempting are nonexistent in BYOND games.

imma let you finish but

i'm not sure you really understand how to make a projectile system if simple angled projectiles are using up CPU

okay
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
Yut Put wrote:
Doohl wrote:
I was just talking about the projectiles and effects in general. They may look like simple "continue to follow the target" projectiles, but I get the feeling projectiles of the caliber I'm attempting are nonexistent in BYOND games.

imma let you finish but

i'm not sure you really understand how to make a projectile system if simple angled projectiles are using up CPU

okay

Yut Put is just an asshole, ignore him.

Yut Put wrote:
yeah sorry i didnt mean to point out that projectile systems should be easy to program without high cpu usage, i don't actually know what i'm talking about and you're better off just using your system

Yut Put isn't just firing shots, at this point he's tossing grenades and knifing people in the shins as well.
Yut Put wrote:
yeah sorry i didnt mean to point out that projectile systems should be easy to program without high cpu usage, i don't actually know what i'm talking about and you're better off just using your system

Of course they're going to keep using their system. People will learn to optimize and write proper programming as they mature as developers. Something that's easy for you isn't going to be easy for everyone. This goes with everything in life. Besides, it's not like they're going to use YOUR system. Lmao.
Designing this system to be as optimal and flashy as possible was easy.

But alas I am a shitty programmer how do make attack proc???
In response to Doohl
Teach me plz
In response to Lavitiz
Lavitiz wrote:
Of course they're going to keep using their system. People will learn to optimize and write proper programming as they mature as developers. Something that's easy for you isn't going to be easy for everyone. This goes with everything in life. Besides, it's not like they're going to use YOUR system. Lmao.

*claps*

In response to Lavitiz
Lavitiz wrote:
Something that's easy for you isn't going to be easy for everyone.

The fact that it's easy for him but apparently confusing for the OP and probably some more of you is why you should be listening.

Kids on BYOND have always been bad at dealing with being told "you're doing it wrong". They would rather just be told "OMG that looks so cool, keep up the amazing work!"
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Kids on BYOND have always been bad at dealing with being told "you're doing it wrong". They would rather just be told "OMG that looks so cool, keep up the amazing work!"

I do wut i wnt
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

I do wut i wnt

Actually you're right, I forgot {Core P3} "Never set a boundary on enjoyment."

Forgive me, Developous-sama.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Actually you're right, I forgot {Core P3} Never set a boundary on enjoyment.

Forgive me, Developous-sama.

You're forgiven, Baird Techie.
Page: 1 2 3