ID:1660150

(See the best response by WSHGC.)
Code:
/*
These are simple defaults for your project.
*/

world
version=1
loop_checks=1
tick_lag=1
mob=/mob
name="Sword Art Online"
map_format=TOPDOWN_MAP
status="<font size=-2><font color=red>Loading...</font></font>"
hub="Yoshino21.Sword Art Online"
New()
..()
log="Log.txt"
client
script="<STYLE>BODY {background: black; color: #999999;font-size: -2;font-weight: bold;font-family:Tahoma}</STYLE>"
perspective=EDGE_PERSPECTIVE
Del()

// Make objects move 8 pixels per tick when walking

mob
step_size = 8

obj
step_size = 8

mob
verb
say(msg as text) //what the usr says is passed into "msg" as text
world << "[usr]: [msg]" //the world sees chatroom-like output
OOC(msg as text)
world << "[usr]: [msg]"
Login()
world << "[src]: Is now online!"
Logout()
world << "[src]: Is now offline!"
del src
mob
Login()
Mob_Selection() // the proc we're gonna make
if(prob(60))
src.loc = locate(7,176,20)
else
src.loc = locate(7,176,20)
mob
proc
Mob_Selection() // the proc we're making
switch(alert("Login","","New","Load","Delete"))
if("New")
src.Cansave=1
src.Logged=1
name = input("Character Name?") as text
if("Load")
src << "You chose Load!"
if("Delete")
src << "You chose Delete!"
..()
proc
Create()
mob
var/Cansave
var/Logged
var/Saving
var/Mob_Selection

<dm>

<b>I just don't know what to do I'm trying to create a character creation but idk where to start </b>

Best response
Here are some Character Creation Resources

I could give an example, but there isn't much trying, so,

The problem is that what you're hoping to accomplish isn't exactly a beginner-level task. It requires at least a decent basic, beginner-level understanding of how programming in BYOND works, because it will require several different "levels" of elements to work.

click() will likely be how you interact with the interface you create (depending on the type of interface you create), but its creating the interface is the actual issue here.

You can actually create such an interface in a few ways.

One of which is by using the skin/interface editor and building this interface element as a window in your game's "skin". This, however, is the more complicated route. Great if you're willing to learn how to use BYOND's interface tools, but the learning curve is very steep at first.

Another, much easier to pick up, method is to use a HUD made of screen objects. Reading the "HUD / screen objects" entry in the reference, and all of the related topics (especially "screen_loc" and "client.screen") will be essential.
I find the more aesthetically and programming-pleasing is to use interface methods utilizing buttons and client/mob procs managing creating, loading, saving.
There's no confusion with click(), and you don't have resources like HUD based to worry about.

Ex; The system I'm working on has 3 slots that appear when the player logs in, in a window pane. Said window pane contains 3 64x64 (icon-size for players is 64x64) maps (you could use a grid instead, as well) that will show previews of the characters they already have created. Then next to the maps are info objects that show basic stats like Level, Health, Gold, Name so players remember which character is which. Then there's Confirm, which is handled by a single proc to detect if there is a Slot1, Slot2, Slot3 already existing, if not, it will create a new character for said slot.

http://puu.sh/aWXNa/8f3d9465a2.png