ID:1661518

Keywords: help, login, screen
(See the best response by WSHGC.)
I made the login screen with the help of a friend but I'm kinda stuck now I don't know how to follow up :(

turf/title_screen //the main title screen graphic
icon = 'Login.dmi'

//each button is a separate obj
obj/title_screen_button
icon = 'buttons.dmi'
newc
icon_state = "new"
load
icon_state = "load"
quit
icon_state = "quit"

obj/title_screen_button
icon = 'buttons.dmi'
newc
icon_state = "new"
Click()
usr << "You create a new character!"
load
icon_state = "load"
Click()
usr << "You load a character!"
quit
icon_state = "quit"
Click()
usr << "You leave! Bye!"
del usr
Best response
Ignoring the code(for now)

What you do after is honestly up to you. There's something you may want to do that others may not do, so it's best to say specifically what you want to do after your creation screen for more help.
WSHGC, sorry!
Its just quite frustrating I've only started to code today but its so hard to learn...and sadly I have no one that can teach me. Well I made the Login work, it has new load and quit but none of them has any real purposes like new is suposed to give the player entry to the game as for example asking for what gender they want to be or class ect..
I would've preferred a different way to show you, but eh you're just starting, so as an example

mob
Login()
var/choice = input(src, "New or Load?") as null | anything in list("New", "Load")
if(!choice)
del(src)
return
if(choice == "New")
var/user_gender = input(src, "What gender?") as null | anything in list("male", "female")
if(!user_gender)
user_gender = "male" //forces male if they don't decide
if(user_gender == "male")
src.gender = MALE
src.icon = 'male.dmi' //only if pre-made base made
else
if(user_gender == "female")
src.gender = FEMALE
src.icon = 'female.dmi' //only if pre-made base made

I'd suggest reading some tutorials and using F1 anytime to help when and where you're stuck.

Also, start putting your code in dm tags.

<dm*>code here</dm*> (without the *)
Thanks alot @WSHGC btw I'm having another dificulty here, put a icon on a skill for example like this, what am I doing wrong :S? The icon doesn't show up but there is no errors
 mob
Class
Shooter
verb
Tripleshoot()
icon = "tripleshoot.dmi"