ID:1662885

BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 36.0.1985.143
Applies to:Dream Maker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Occasionally, after rebooting my computer, Dream Maker decides that it wants the list of included files to not appear, and instead replace it with a funky overlapped "griddish" type of overlay.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Reboot computer. Sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Not to see the funky tree.
Actual Results:
Seeing the funky tree.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?
About 50/50.
When does the problem NOT occur?
About half of the time I reboot.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
No, it did not occur before 504. It still occurs on 505, and 506.
Workarounds:
Rebooting until it works.
Although I haven't tried this after a fresh reboot (that's kind of a tall order for me), I suspect this is going to be difficult to impossible to reproduce. The scenario you're describing looks like some kind of weird system state, and could well be specific to your system.

One thing I'm curious about: If you close DM and start again, does the problem go away? Is it only on a fresh reboot?

Since this is a tree display, do you see the same thing in Dream Daemon's ban list and/or in the F1 help (reference) in Dream Maker?

When you have a problem in 506, if you switch to 504 in the same session (without rebooting) do you not see the issue? And when you switch back to 506, it reappears?

I've looked around for any reports of issues with the tree control on Windows 7, though naturally this is difficult to find info on in Google. I strongly suspect this is an issue with your system but I'll continue to look for info.
I'd imagine it's something to do with my rig, yeah. It's getting on in years and it's not in amazing shape. You might as well close this out, i've yet to see anyone with a similar problem.

EDIT - It happens right after I reboot the system and attempt to reopen Dream Maker, and only works again after I reboot once more.

Dream Daemon does not do this, simply the developer kit.
I'll mark it unverified for now then. If there's a reliable way to reproduce it on other machines, then maybe it can be looked into. My gut says something under the hood in Windows itself is throwing a fit.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I'll mark it unverified for now then. If there's a reliable way to reproduce it on other machines, then maybe it can be looked into. My gut says something under the hood in Windows itself is throwing a fit.

More than likely. Thank you for your time, in any case.