In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
But there is no role for dragons in our society.

Can't believe you just said this.

Dragons are what every cool kid wants to be when they grow up. Personally I prefer their cousins, the wyverns, but dragons have earned a certificate of awesomeness from me as well. The purpose they serve are:

Population Control: Let's face it: 7 billion people is too much. If we had dragons flying around setting cities ablaze, that number would plummet pretty fast. Imagine how peaceful the world would be with less humans.

Inspiration: Dragons have swag. They are the epitome of swag. They have so much swag that they could donate 90% of their swagger to swag research centers, and still be 2kewl4skewl. Everyone claims they were inspired by Michael Jordan, or Michael Jackson, or Bruce Lee to follow their dreams, but guess who inspired THOSE people? Dragons, baby. There's a reason Charizard is the most popular Pokemon in the world.

They Make Great House Pets: The problem with cats and dogs is they suck. You can ride a dragon. You can have intelligent conversations with a dragon. You can play Blackjack with a dragon. Your dragon can spew flames at intruders or anyone else who poses a threat to you. Your dragon's poop will be the size of a mini van. Ok, that's not a plus, but you get the point. Cats and dogs have a limited skill set, dragons can do everything. End of story.

With that being said, I welcome our new dragon-kin overlords.
I am ramen-kin
Whats the difference between this and furry? Do furies just go the extra mile and really commit with a suit? Do other-kin and furies get along? Is there a heated rivalry and you guys do drive-by shootings of each other's conventions?

Asking the real questions.
Other kin go much further by really believing they are spirits of non-human creatures in the body of a human. Sometimes having the suits.

Furries are like babies first other-kin, they don't necessarily believe themselves to be the real creature, they just use a character they create to identify with, sometimes used to cover social anxiety.

I cite myself as a source since I know some other-kin, furries, and people all over the autistic spectrum (sometimes a combo).
In all seriousness, I think I'm a nine-tailed demon fox-kin. Like, for realsies. I have long canines, long finger nails, I'm a fast runner, I beat people up when I get mad, the only thing I'm missing is the ability to stand on water, summon a frog the size of a skyscraper, and turn myself into a nude blonde chick with pigtails.

Oh how I wish I could turn myself into a nude blonde chick with pigtails.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
I cite myself as a source since I know some other-kin, furries, and people all over the autistic spectrum (sometimes a combo).

Now that's pretty rude.
It is a fact that I do place myself around people who are furries, other-kin, and autistic. I then noted that sometimes you can get a two for one.

I work in a behavioral health office.
Ok can someone really notify me what other-kin really is? lol to lazy to look it up.
Following up, I am not implying people with autism are furries, or otherkin. I am also not saying that if you are one of the three you have to also be another.

What I am saying, is that I have experienced a two for one a few times in my time here. It's unrelated.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
Following up, I am not implying people with autism are furries, or otherkin. I am also not saying that if you are one of the three you have to also be another.

What I am saying, is that I have experienced a two for one a few times in my time here. It's unrelated.

Ah my bad, I took it the wrong way sorry.
I most def was reincarnated from a Cerberus
Hrm, I can develop an actual personality and do things that would interest other people, Or I could pretend I'm really a special snowflake wolf.

Yeah, I think I'm going with the second.

Fun fact: Originally, Narto was an otherkin. A demon fox with the ability to take on the form of a human. Eventually Kishimoto changed the story so that Narto was just a human with a demon fox trapped inside him.
Page: 1 2