ID:1665429

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Facts:
-Router: Linksys E1200
-Game: Space Station 13

Problem:
I am trying to host a Space Station 13 game for my friends and I to play around and practice with. I know I am port forwarding correctly, having experience with the subject, and canyouseeme.org has confirmed that the various ports I have attempted to use are in fact open and my ISP is not blocking the use of any of them. I have tried the following points: 7778, 7779, and I have put in 0 for the port so that it would assign an unused port. I don't recall what port it had assigned. I do not have any antivirus programs that have firewalls built in, and I have allowed dream daemon and BYOND through the proprietary windows firewall.

Also, occasionally, dream daemon will report that the ports are unable to be reached, and this message is displayed seemingly at random. Sometimes it is able to be reached by players, sometimes it is not even though I have not changed anything. Regardless of weather or not the ports are able to be reached no one is able to connect anyway.

I have also set up a static IP address, being the same as my IPV4 address. I set that up to avoid my IP address from changing on me, suggested to me by another thread on this forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Best response
Don't be so sure your antivirus doesn't have a firewall in it; most do, these days. However I doubt it's the culprit anyway--just something to potentially be aware of. Otherwise it sounds like you're going about things all the right way.

One piece of info that might be helpful in general: In BYOND you can still use 0 to choose a port for you, and in cfg/byond.txt in your user data dir, you can set up a line called "ports" that can have a list, e.g. "ports 7778,7779" or "ports 5003,6000-6011" or so on.

With ports being randomly inaccessible, I have a strong suspicion your ISP is to blame. One way to tell would be to see if you can get this issue to occur at all when connecting over the local network. If you can always connect to localhost, then the next logical culprit is a misbehaving ISP. If you're on a college network, that wouldn't surprise me either; I've heard of significant network problems on college networks due to something they were doing upstream.
I am on a home network. I am able to connect fine over the local network using another computer. Are there any other ways to tell if my ISP is blocking said ports?

My ISP is charter. Would calling them be of any help?
Oh and the antivirus programs I have are Avast, Malwarebytes, and Iobit's Advance system care.

The Avast is for real time protection, and to my knowledge, the free version does not have a firewall built in. Malwarebytes does not protect real time, and I do not believe that it has a firewall. Advance system care is for defragmenting and cleaning my PC.
Avast does build in web protection in the free version; I use Avast myself. So it's possible that their log has some info for you. I'm not familiar with Iobit's product so that I'm not sure about, but I assume that's not in play.
Okay, how do I disable it. Thanks for your help thus far, by the way.

A better question would be how do I access the logs
Also, I called my ISP. According to them, they do not actively block any ports. Is there anything else that could cause such erratic behavior?
Looks like I got it working. I think the connectoin was compromised on that night, Thanks for the help