Honestly, and this might not be what some people want to hear, I would 100% advocate finding pixel artists on a different website. I've found in the years I've been here that most of our artists are prone to leaving projects halfway through (which can be said of our programmers as well) if they ever even start at all. This hasn't been as much of a problem for me in other communities (eg, Newgrounds back when I was a Flash developer) than it has been here.
Try learning how to do pixel art yourself and you could easily conquer that problem. However, you can take another approach by making a text-based game (or even web-based these days). I have ideas of bringing forth a brand new text-based game or even a sequel to one I built several years ago.

Heck, I also thought about making a good-old fashioned MUD.
I'm okay at pixel art. That isn't the point being discussed here.
Logically and practically I understand the placeholder mentality. However, functionally I find it difficult to enjoy making a game with placeholders. Art really makes it come alive and adds to the artistic experience of game design. There's also the fact that I don't want to go back later and add in all that art and possibly have to rework things due to changes in sizes and whatnot.

Anyways, this is why I don't release much of anything. Probably.

And this has gone way off track. Well, it's a nicer topic than what originally started...
Fugs couldn't have said it better.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Thank you those of you who have appreciated BYOND and perhaps used it to better your life in some way.

Thanks for BYOND, I've had more fun here than any other game. Probably more than every other game combined. At the end of the day even if you didn't get rich you made the world a better place.
I sure as hell wouldn't be where I am today if BYOND didn't exist. I will be forever thankful.
Page: 1 2 3 4