ID:1669505

Resolved
Transformations didn't reset properly (1251 build only)
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 37.0.2062.102
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

This code:
weapon
parent_type = /obj
icon = 'test.dmi'

var
active = FALSE

Click()
if(active) return
active = TRUE
var
length = 20
speed = 0.1
matrix/X
for(var/i in 0 to 180)
X = new
X.Scale(1, length)
X.Translate(0, length/2)
X.Turn(i*2)
transform = X
sleep(speed)
transform = null
active = FALSE

produces the following. The left portion is the webclient, the right is DS. Notice how the line on the left does not stay centered on the mouse pointer as it turns. As an aside, the webclient transformed line looks cleaner than the DS one, which is nice :)

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

Do you have a test project for this? I have to imagine this isn't actually animate() misbehaving, but the transform, and it might be related to the icon itself.
I realized I misnamed my post, since this isn't using animate, its using transforms... That is the entire project, other than the new project defaults. test.dmi is an 8x8 dmi (the default donut looking thing when the .gif starts) and the world is a default 10x10 map with one weapon placed about in the middle. I'm at work, so I can't be more specific. I'll set up a project when I get home.
I just fixed a bug that had the translation component applied backwards on the Y axis, so that could factor in as well.
Its better, but still not quite right. And now there's another issue...

Project src

In the webclient (on the left) there is still a little jumpiness in the y direction, and the transform doesn't clear at the end when setting transform=null
Which build is that in? We were doing something with transforms for 507.1251.
That's 1251
Tom resolved issue with message:
Transformations didn't reset properly (1251 build only)
Also fixed the jumpiness bug; resolved in a different report.
Just FYI, I actually uploaded this into 1251 just now (it was supposed to be 1252 but whatever). So you can test it out by redownloading. We have a few more fixes on the way so I'll just wait to officially release this in 1252.