ID:1669791

Resolved
The browser control sometimes displayed "Not found" in error.
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 37.0.2062.102
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Another Last Robot Standing bug. I tried playing it in the webclient but it didn't work because of this bug.

When you use a module or move around the browser control is supposed to be updated. But for the webclient it ends up showing the "Not Found".

As the entire game revolves around that browser control it's impossible to play in the webclient. Other than that bug and the one with the output control I found no immediate issues that would prohibit play.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Start playing Last Robot Standing.
2. While moving around and using modules the browser control will display "Not Found" at some point preventing you from playing using the webclient. (Relogging in DS fixed the problem and allowed me to continue playing.)

Expected Results:
The browser control should work the same way it did in Dream Seeker.

Actual Results:
It can end up showing "Not Found" with no apparent solution or workaround.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
I've encountered it once. I don't know if it's reproducible but I'm guessing so since it was my first attempt at playing a game with the webclient.

When does the problem NOT occur?
The problem does not occur in Dream Seeker. It never shows "Not Found".

Workarounds:
Use Dream Seeker to play the game instead of the webclient.
I was not able to reproduce this. It may be an intermittent issue or only happen on certain hosts. If you can find more info please let me know; I'm certain it's not limited to LRS.

When you got this issue, did you see other stuff in the browser first?
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
When I first connected I saw a list of rules in the browser control. Once the game started I saw the appropriate screen containing a list of modules/cards to play, the available moves and the "end turn" link.

Once I began moving in the game the browser screen was supposed to refresh and update the amount of moves left, but instead it displayed "Not Found". I tried reconnecting but this did not resolve the problem.

I was only able to fix the problem by connecting with DS.
I tried moving around and playing cards and stuff, and never saw a "Not found" link. So this appears to be somewhat intermittent. If you can find a reliable way to reproduce it, that would be a big help.
I believe this may be a duplicate of id:1672172 (or rather, vice-versa). I did see "Not found" in ShapeShifter when clicking a link that was in the #anchor form. Please retest in 507.1254.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The browser control sometimes displayed "Not found" in error.