ID:1669946

Resolved
Legacy games that defined macros in .dms files had movement macros fail in Dream Seeker unless they were also included in the .dms.
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 31.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: When using Dream Seeker, some older games (BYOND 3.5) lose the default movement controls (.north,.south,.east,etc).

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Attempt to move in any direction using the arrow keys on some older games.(Test cases: Rise of Heroes , Darke Dungeon )
2) Observe no movement or response.

Expected Results: For the default movement commands to respond.

Actual Results: No movement commands appear to be processed.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? Only in some cases.
In other user accounts? Untested.
On other computers? Untested.

When does the problem NOT occur? The problem does not occur when using the web client.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? BYOND 506.1247.

Workarounds: To create new movement macros using the macro editor.

Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Some legacy games didn't have movement macros.
This issue seems to still occur in Dream Seeker in BYOND 507.1251/507.1252, following the steps outlined above.
Movement macros had problems in some legacy games.
This issue still seems to occur in BYOND 507.1253.

I just noticed that the input control is hogging the arrow key commands, even when the map should have focus. I'm not sure if this has been this way all along, or is new to 507.1253.
In response to Higoten
I'm not seeing this at all. Rise of Heroes works fine, as do other projects I've been testing.

Is it that the input control is grabbing focus but the arrow keys still actually work? I'm not seeing that either, but we don't want the default input control to hog focus unless there's legitimate typing to be done.

I'm really going to need more info to test this. If you have a specific setup that shows this in action, that would be good. I'm spinning this off as another thread though because I think it warrants being a separate report.

[edit]
Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I was so focused on webclient issues I didn't realize this was a DS-only thing. I don't know why DS macros would break but I'll look into it.
I found the issue and will be fixing this in 507.1254. This one threw me because I was actually finding legit movement issues in webclient games as well.
Legacy games that defined macros in .dms files had movement macros fail in Dream Seeker unless they were also included in the .dms.