ID:1669989

This is my last resort.

Who is familiar with MySQL? How do you get rid of the access denied for root@localhost (using password: YES)

Your help will be much appreciated.
By using the correct password.
I am using the correct password.
If you were using the correct credentials that error wouldn't appear. Keep in mind, MySQL has multiple levels of access, accessing the server remotely won't use the same user as accessing it with localhost, unless that user's domain is a global one and not remote-only or local-only.

If you're able to access the database using the root username and password that's being rejected by other means, it stands to good reason that you're not actually accessing the same user.
Anyway to reset the password? Cause I tried everything still denied.
Google MySQL's user control stuff, there's tons of commands you can use on the server to add, remove, change, and test user credentials.
Will uninstalling and reinstalling work?
King_LiOnZ wrote:
This is my last resort.

Whoa, better help out then! :o

Who is familiar with MySQL?

Ooh! I am!

How do you get rid of the access denied for root@localhost (using password: YES)

There are three reasons why you can get this message:

1. You changed the password for root@somethingelse instead of root@localhost. In MySQL you can have users that share the same name but with a different password depending on which IP address they connect from.

2. You provided an invalid password. Note that in MySQL 4->5 the method for saving passwords was changed, so if you're using an older client it may fail to supply the right password.

3. You're not connecting to the right MySQL server for some reason.

If you contact me by pager I'd be willing to look at the problem in detail.
<s>Delete system32. Fixes everything.</s>

Lazarus is such a genius. I swear. I learned something from him (or her) just now.

Edit: </s> doesn't work. We're all screwed.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:

Lazarus is such a genius. I swear. I learned something from him (or her) just now.

That is a disgusting deprecated tag, HTML peasant.

Although it is not supported on the forums yet, the proper tag is <del> (and for your corrections you use a glorified underline, <ins>).

The tag you were looking to use (if that's your thing) is also <'strike>, Like this.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
Xirre wrote:

That is a disgusting deprecated tag, HTML peasant.

Although it is not supported on the forums yet, the proper tag is <del> (and for your corrections you use a glorified underline, <ins>).

The tag you were looking to use (if that's your thing) is also <'strike>, Like this.

I'm sorry, senpai. Please, forgib me. :(