ID:1670641

Resolved
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Fire OS
Web Browser:Chrome 34.0.1847.137
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If, due to a lack of Flash, a ad cannot be displayed, it displays a permanent error message that prevents use of the web client. Since some browsers, such as mobile Chrome, do not and will never support Flash, the web client cannot be used on that browser.

Since Chrome is one of the only Android browsers to support WebGL, this is a serious barrier to use of the web client on mobile platforms.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1:On a mobile device running android, download and install Chrome.
2:Start Chrome.
3:Enable WebGL in the chrome://flags menu.
4:Attempt to join a game using webclient.

Expected Results:
Game is successfully joined and playable.
Actual Results:
Client appears to start, but is permanently obscured by an error message stating that a Flash ad could not be displayed.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Always.
In other games?
In all games that support the webclient.
In other user accounts?
I have not tested different accounts, but presumably it will occur in any account that displays ads.
On other computers?
Any mobile platform browser using Chrome or otherwise lacking flash, yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Browsers that support Flash.

Workarounds:
Use a browser that fully supports Flash, HTML5, and WebGL. On some mobile platforms, no such browser exists.
Not exactly a bug so much as a limitation in our ad platform, but we can look into mobile-friendly ad delivery. I'd definitely like to be able to handle mobile platforms with ease.
It looks like our ad provider has a mobile network, so I'm sure we can get enrolled in that to handle this case. No worries!
Tom changed status to 'Verified'
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Not having flash renders you unable to play any games..

Load a game on a PC or mobile device that doesn't have flash installed and you won't get to play your game of choice.

As I was wanting to develop a game for mobile devices, I guess now I can't due to this huge set back...

The resources and everything load fine the below text is shown and it just sits there...
An advertisement could not be displayed. To view ads you need Flash enabled. BYOND Members also have the option to disable ads.
Go ahead and start developing, because we'll get the ads working on mobile systems as soon as we can. Can't hurt to get a head start.
Lummox JR resolved issue