ID:1671379

(See the best response by DarkCampainger.)
Is there a way to manually trigger this? For instance, if my mouse is over a mob, which is then deleted, I'd like it to act as though the mouse just entered the turf under it. Any way of doing this?
I guess you could call client.MouseEntered(turf, turf, map control, params).
Hm, I guess that leaves me with the same problem I'd have if I just used a separate proc - having to deal with figure out what turf is actually under the mouse. Is there no way to call a proc for whatever turf happens to be under the mouse?
Best response
Your best bet is probably to just remember what turf was under the atom when MouseEntered() was originally called.

Can you explain what your larger goal is? We might be able to offer a better alternative.
Oh, basically, when placing units I have a highlight which shows where the unit will be placed which moves as you mouseover placable terrain. If you mousover someplace unplacable, such as a spot another unit is already in, the highlight dissapears, indicating that you can't place there - however, if your mouse is over the unit, and that unit dies, I want it to update, showing the highlight.
I think MouseEntered updates within less than a second. I would think if you were pointing at a turf with a unit in it, then the unit died, that MouseEntered would be called right away. If it is not automatic, then it would be called when the mouse moves even by one pixel wouldn't it?
I didn't even realize when I read the original post. If your mouse is over something that gets deleted, it should definitely update to mouse over what's then under the mouse pointer. I think that should definitely happen immediately, and if it doesn't, maybe a feature request should be made.