ID:1671497

Resolved
Screen objects with negative layers reverted to their normal layers.
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 37.0.2062.102
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I've not been able to generate a simple test case for this, but it happens consistently in my project. I'm using Forum_Account's hud group library to generate a fairly complicated cluster of hud objects. In DS, clicking on any of these objects results in a click call, and examining client/Click() shows the object clicked (Hud_Object), and the control beneath it (default.map1). When clicking those same objects in the webclient, no click events are generated for the objects, and client/Click() shows null for all arguments. I manually set the layer of one of the Hud_Objects to a really high layer, and now when clicking it, it does register a click event and the client/Click() object, but control still reads null. I'm sorry I cant give you a more specific example at the moment. I've been trying to work one up, but cant get it to happen outside of my project. I'll keep working on it when I get a chance.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

Sorry, I've got more I can't really explain.

This is the game in DS:

And this is the game in the webclient:

I don't even know where to start debugging that... I'll try tomorrow I guess.

Is this project available for me to test? It would help to be able to work on that myself, so I can see what's happening in the server.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Screen objects with negative layers reverted to their normal layers.