ID:1671642

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 36.0.1985.143
Applies to:Webclient

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When using winset to register a macro, it doesn't detect it on the webclient

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
client
New(){. = ..();set_macros()}
proc
set_macros()
var/macros = params2list(winget(src, null, "macro"))
var/list/keys = list()
for(var/xx in hotkey_keys)
keys.Add(xx)
for(var/m in macros)
for(var/k in keys)
winset(src, "[m][k]Down", "parent=[m];name=[k];command=KeyDown+\"[k]\"")
winset(src, "[m][k]Up", "parent=[m];name=[k]+UP;command=KeyUp+\"[k]\"")

Expected Results:
The macro to work in the webclient.
Actual Results:
The macro doesn't work in the webclient.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Don't know.
Nadrew changed status to 'Verified'
This is a known thing as far as I can tell, Lummox mentioned it when I was testing Eternia in the web-client. He said he'd work on multiple macro sets and dynamic macros when more pressing issues have been dealt with.

Just letting you know they're aware of the issue and plans to work on it have been made. :)
Sounds great, looking forward to it.
Dynamic macros are supposed to work. Multiple macro sets do not, and there are no current plans for them--which is not to say they won't be planned eventually. (If I failed to document that, that's my bad.)

I'm looking into this, but I have tested similar code in Forum_Account's keyboard library (used in a number of projects I play-tested) and that worked, so I'm not sure why it's failing here.

Nadrew: Did you verify based on Eternia not working or did you actually see a snippet just like this fail? Dynamic macros are supposed to work, and not working is a bug, but Eternia's issue is likely not a bug because of the multiple macro sets in play.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I tested the exact snippet above (after creating the hotkey_keys list; I tested that as list("h","s")) and could not reproduce the problem. Macros are in fact being created dynamically in my test project. I thought this seemed odd because the code in question is very close to FA's, and that's known to work too.

There must be something more going on here. If you can provide a test project that does fail, I'll take a look.
I was seeing dynamic macros fail using the snippet above, but I realized while talking to Tom that I was still using an old build and after updating it seemed to be working fine. So something between the first build and now resolved the issue for me, unsure about the OP.

If multiple macro sets aren't planned then I guess a few games are going to have to forego web-client support, like Eternia. Multiple macro sets are very important to the functionality of the game.
I can't say they won't be planned for the future, but for now they're not in play.
To be clear, our goal is as close to DS-compatibility as possible, but as there are a number of major bugs still around, those take priority.