ID:1672496

(See the best response by GhostAnime.)
So i opened Byond this morning and started to make a update for my game but when i compile it gaved 38 errors to all my codes but all my codes was working last night !! here is a log explains everything :

loading TWW.dme
Code\Cronicles.dm:245:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:246:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:247:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:248:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:249:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:250:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:251:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:252:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:253:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:254:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:255:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:256:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:257:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:258:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:259:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:260:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:261:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:262:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:263:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:264:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:265:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:266:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:267:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:268:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:269:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:270:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:271:error: inconsistent indentation
Code\Cronicles.dm:272:error: inconsistent indentation
TWW.dmb - 38 errors, 0 warnings

Then i tryed starting a new game but when i type mob/icon = 'player.icon' said

Code\Player.dm:46:error: 'man.dmi': cannot find file

where the icon was created and it was there

now all codes dosn't want to work
anyone has the same bug like me ?
Better title: I don't indent well.
Am I the only person wondering if "Cronicles" is spelled that way intentionally?
you can either use spaces for indentation or tab. go to options > show tabs and check from line 245 - 272, there probably are no indents.
@ EnigmaticGalliv : why ?
@Gluscap : the lines dosn't want to show up
oh and why the topic was moved to Dev help ? if i can't do anything right with the dream maker then it is a bug
Because when I see "Cronicles" I expect "Chronicles", so it throws me off.

This is development help because this is clearly a code issue, and nothing at all to do with a software bug. Most likely you either copy and pasted something wrong, or you have 0 competency in tabbing.
In response to Maxsteel13
Maxsteel13 wrote:
if i can't do anything right with the dream maker then it is a bug

Can't even tell if you're joking.
Best response
When you show the tabs (Ctrl + T is the shortcut), the symbol » will appear where any TAB indentations were used. You cannot mix tab + space indentation so if tab was used for the majority and that line was space indented, select the code block, de-indent via shift+tab and reindent with tab.

With any future errors you do not know what it means, please check out the stickied Errors & Warning post in the Tutorials & Snippet section.
Wait what? You typed the mob/icon = 'player.dmi' and it reports 'man.dmi': cannot find file? Are you sure you're even looking at the right line?
In response to CGR2
CGR2 wrote:
Wait what? You typed the mob/icon = 'player.dmi' and it reports 'man.dmi': cannot find file? Are you sure you're even looking at the right line?

Yes , i type it right then says that it is wrong

In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:

This is development help because this is clearly a code issue, and nothing at all to do with a software bug. Most likely you either copy and pasted something wrong, or you have 0 competency in tabbing.

no http://screenshooter.net/100252219/oloxilh it's name like that

Maxsteel13 wrote:
CGR2 wrote:

Yes , i type it right then says that it is wrong

It does not sound like you are looking at the right line + location. Recompile and double click the error to go to that location.

Remember that file names are Case Sensitive. Main != main
Maxsteel13 wrote:
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:

no http://screenshooter.net/100252219/oloxilh it's name like that

What EG meant is that the actual word (in English) is spelled Chronicles. Seeing Cronicles looked 'off' to him (and to myself as well)
I didn't cuz that source WAS NOT BY ME
i edit/make new stuff in the codes , but the source was by TWC owners.
here is what i mean https://github.com/DuncanFairley/TheWizardsChronicles
and oh at that lines point , i used my sisters PC and saw that the lines wants to show up but me no , buggy dream maker ?
Maxsteel13 wrote:
I didn't cuz that source WAS NOT BY ME

It does not matter if the 'cronicles' was from you or someone else; we were telling you why it looked off to us because - well, you asked (and I further expanded on it because your reply sounded like "oh, that's how the file was named so that's how the game should be named" [and the name can impact the number of players willing to try out the game]).

Maxsteel13 wrote:
and oh at that lines point , i used my sisters PC and saw that the lines wants to show up but me no , buggy dream maker ?

That is not a Dream Maker bug. There's something that was referring to a file that does not exist. IF that was a DM bug, we all would know since we all would experience that - which would get fixed promptly as no one would be able to compile anything.

The only reason I think it may not have happened on your sister's computer is if it had a different version than yours (i.e. an older or newer copy).

If it still happens and clicking the error does not take you there, search the whole project for "man.dmi"