ID:1672587

Today is a very sad day for all of us. As of 09/01/2014 all development on Harmony Online has come to a halt.

Inffliction and I are the only Developers who were working full time on this project, and we are unable to produce enough content in a timely manner. We've looked for extra artists, but most of them turn out to be dead-ends or unreliable.

At this moment in time, I need to find myself a job so that I can get a life and eventually start my own family. The goal was to get Harmony Online to a stage where I could hold a job and still develop, however there is not enough content to where that is possible. Inffliction is struggling to push out all of the assets we need with everything going on in his life.

The source was successfully backed up, and the forums will more than likely stay online. Chances are I will move the forums to a more appropriate domain and then leave it there in-case anyone wishes to post for information.

At this time the project will not being going open source and will not be distributed to another developer. In the future if a competent developer does show interest, I can revisit with Inffliction and discuss allowing them to join the project and lead development.
Sniff sniff. ;(
:/ well there goes one off my waiting list
awwww, I had high hopes for this one
U WOT M8? Y U START PROJECT N DONT FINISH????????
U WOT M8? Y U START PROJECT N DONT FINISH????????
I do hope to one day see this project finished. It's just not fair to myself or this community to keep the hype up when development has slowed down dramatically within the past month or two. It'll only get slower as future events in my life start playing out. When the time is right, I will revisit.

EDIT: Some form of development may happen behind the scenes when I have time. However, officially dev is on hold. Long live Byond.

This is Sally. Cute little critter, innit? Do you know why Sally is sad?

Sally was promised Harmony Online. But Sally found out you reneged. So now Sally is crying.

Congratulations. You've just ruined Sally's entire life. Will you be able to rest easy tonight? Because Sally sure won't. Sally won't ever sleep again.
=( Poor sally.....
Sally can go to hell. She ain't 'bout that life.
Not surprised
In response to Digits
Digits wrote:
Not surprised

What are you not surprised with?
In response to Lavitiz
Lavitiz wrote:
Digits wrote:
Not surprised

I'm a virgin.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Lavitiz wrote:
Digits wrote:
Not surprised

I'm a virgin.

Oh... oh my...
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Lavitiz wrote:
Digits wrote:
Not surprised

I'm a virgin.

We can change that. ;)
In response to Lavitiz
Lavitiz wrote:
Digits wrote:
Not surprised

That another one bites the dust.
In response to Digits
Digits wrote:
Lavitiz wrote:
Digits wrote:
Not surprised

That another one bites the dust.

I tried, I really did. :( I just don't feel like dragging the hype is good for the community, and revisiting when the time is right is the best thing for this project right now.
He's lying, I'm in their dropbox and they're still working now and then, this project is far from over.

I suppose you can't really expect BYOND developers to work "full time" on a game, they're developing for fun with no payment, perhaps expecting too much out've themselves as well.

I do expect more from Lavitiz and I know Lavitiz will provide, however for now I expect him to play Archeage with me since we both decided to go play it. You see... all work and no play makes Lavitiz a really dull boy.
In response to Rotem12
Rotem12 wrote:
He's lying, I'm in their dropbox and they're still working now and then, this project is far from over.

I suppose you can't really expect BYOND developers to work "full time" on a game, they're developing for fun with no payment, perhaps expecting too much out've themselves as well.

I do expect more from Lavitiz and I know Lavitiz will provide, however for now I expect him to play Archeage with me since we both decided to go play it. You see... all work and no play makes Lavitiz a really dull boy.

Snitches get stitched. Watch your back, kid.
Xirre is comical lmaooo, but yeah Lavi you can't stop man! C'mon! I know you can do it! :D
Page: 1 2