ID:1673447

Keywords: client, games, web
Reading the announcements, and learning that the web client is ready. I'd really like to start playing my favorite games with the web client. But there are no signs on the website to where I can find games with the web client available. Is there a search function for it available?
Dream Daemon (version 507 and above) can enable the web client for any game you can host. If you're not the host, then you'll need to ask the host to update BYOND and "Allow webclient" in Dream Daemon's World options.

One slight problem is that if the game uses a BYOND 4.0 custom skin, there's a chance that not all parts of it will work properly. And, it's bound to be pretty glitchy in other ways too, since it's in beta testing.
Kiyo Takamine wrote:
and learning that the web client is ready.

It's far from "ready" it's BETA .. and has a lot of bugs and stability issues.. CPU usage is insane too.

I'd really like to start playing my favorite games with the web client.

They need to upgrade to the latest BETA and enable the web client, read above.

question, does the webclient mean windows won't be required to join a server?

and this uses flash, not HTML5, right?

I was going to test if I could join games on a playstation, but i'm getting "windows is required to play" error, which shouldn't be the case if the webclient is flash or html based...I think..
The webclient is HTML5, not Flash.

I have a server running for this hub (http://www.byond.com/games/Stad/OmegaMall). You can see it has a [Play in Webclient] option to join the game.
Only games hosted with 507 support the web client. Currently, there's no way to run a game just with the web client because it's just a thin client.
Tested. Couldn't log into Omega Mall on a playstation 4. I just get a gray screen with the text 'Could not display advertisement', because the ps4 browser doesn't support Flash. It did display the resources, but didn't do anything beyond that.

i'll try on a playstation 3 later, which does support flash oddly enough.
In response to Mista-mage123
Did you not read the above posts? It's HTML5, not Flash.
In response to Vrocaan
Advertisements are Flash until Tom finishes sorting it out.
Does this mean games won't work on iPod touches due to ads being flash?
In response to FIREking
For now, I guess so, if you have ads enabled.
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
Does this mean games won't work on iPod touches due to ads being flash?

Correct. They're apparently working on it. I believe Tom said the advertising company has a non flash version, I don't know why it hasn't been implemented already though, can't be that hard..
It took them a few days to get us a mobile code, which we have yet to test due to the plethora of bugs. It will be integrated in one of the upcoming builds. Your passive aggressive criticism is getting extremely tiresome.
In response to Tom
Hmm, didn't really mean it to come off that way to be honest..

One would of assumed you would of thought about mobile devices before releasing the web client I guess I was wrong and I apologize for that.
That was, once again, pretty passive aggressive. Why would he have thought of mobile devices first when there are still bugs in a browser?
I think it's more that he's throwing hind-sight in his face.