ID:1673648

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 36.0.1985.143
Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I'm using the newest release of the web client at this time.

Descriptive Problem Summary:
IsSubscribed() and CheckPassport() returns 0 for a lifetime subscription instead of -1
I need a lot more information. What game is it for? Whose client is being checked? When and where is the check being done? How is this client connected: by webclient or by DS?

Sample code would be nice, though obviously the passport and stuff can be redacted.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
What game is it for?
http://www.byond.com/games/Kozuma3/TAG

Whose client is being checked?
Mine.
When and where is the check being done?
Login() after everything else.

How is this client connected:
DS

Sample code would be nice.
world << world.IsSubscribed(key)

Were you just connected locally? DS doesn't do as many authorization checks when it's a local IP address so it's possible it didn't have your full hub info and for some reason didn't look it up. I mean it should, but that would be my guess: some kind of issue related to it being a local connection.

I know I've tested this with local connections in the past. Does this behave any different on older versions?
In response to Lummox JR
It worked in the Web client tho.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Were you just connected locally?

I tried both locally and server sided, it seems to only work via the web client tho.
By "server sided" do you mean opening in DD and then joining the game via the Join icon? If you open in DD but join the game through the remote URL that DD gives you instead of localhost, does the behavior change?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
By "server sided" do you mean opening in DD and then joining the game via the Join icon? If you open in DD but join the game through the remote URL that DD gives you instead of localhost, does the behavior change?

Connecting via the server URL returns the correct command, it seems joining via DD causes it not to work.
Okay, that's good to know. It means I'm right on what I was thinking about the authentication and I should be able to work out a fix.

That also means, fortunately, this won't impact any other players.