ID:1675597

Keywords: webclient
We had a thread in the advent of BYOND 500's release, which brought to us a plethora of goodies made by you lovable bunch!

With the webclient beta we have the ability to do some really neat stuff. I'm still tinkering with things and learning as I go, but already I'm impressed with how far we've come!

What have you guys been up to with the web client?
Looks great! :3

I'm working on a Platformer RPG c: - ran almost perfectly in the web client before the recent version.

This is one of those features I get to miss out on thanks to my shitty ISP. ):
I'm a bit behind the loop here. Is there anything special about that GIF, other than it being played in the webclient? Is there anything happening that only the webclient is capable of there?
In response to Albro1
Yeah! The text shadows :)
Healt? :P
In response to Raimo
Our artist isn't exactly a native English speaker / writer haha.

The webclient is extremely exciting to me, even more than the BYOND 500 features. The possibilities are pretty endless once you figure out how to make things work.

We've always wanted to have minute control of things over the client-side, and move some of the more intensive interface processing away from the server. With this update, all of that is possible. And if you know how to design a good website, you can design a kickass user interface.