ID:1676260

What are the options for teams who are developing a standalone game with byond? And how much does a licence cost? Note that the game supports multiplayer 2-6 people per game
Contact BYOND via the support. They have multiple options for this functionality, and can talk over them best.

For example, games that use the BYOND Subscription System allow use of this for a percent cut, and I've heard they've been willing to do licence fees for some also.

I'll try that, also what exactly is the byond subscription system??
Once a game has a hub created, you can setup either micro-credits (kind of like kongregate credits, but tied only to a single HUB) or subscriptions (Like BYOND member subscriptions, but also only tied to a HUB). BYOND gives you a CheckPassport() function to validate that a person is active, and handles the payment deduction & dispersion (via paypal) to developer in return for a 20% fee. This way, everything goes through the byond.com website and does not require outside help/approval, and a payment gateway does not need to be setup for each developer.
Ok, thanks for your help
In response to Pirion
Pirion wrote:
HUB
hub

CheckPassport()
CheckPassport() is deprecated. Use world.IsSubscribed() instead.
In response to Kaiochao
Correct on both. Will try to remember.
For original games that are basically operable, we'll give the old standalone functionality to you for free. However, support is pretty limited right now because we're really trying to get the webclient working and moving in that direction.

My suggestion is to make a game with the idea that it will work well in the webclient. Once that is stable, you'll then immediately be able to get plays outside of BYOND, on your own social network, which should bring in a lot more users. We will provide means to not have to subject your users to ads (perhaps a fee or, if you do subscriptions, it could come out of the percentage take). We will also provide an embedded Chrome executable if you want to distribute your game as a client-server. Unfortunately, the code is just far to complex for us to allow the server to run in the browser, which would have been awesome for certain casual games.

We'll keep you updated as we make progress on these tasks. Enjoy!
Thanks for your reply Tom, the new web-client will be a much better option for the multiplayer version of my game.
A little off topic, but I'm loving how active you've been lately Tom. Reminds me of when I first joined and it seemed like the moderation staff was more active within the community.