ID:1676874

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
Code:

Problem description:

I checked some other posts about multiplayer testing and have some questions.

1.Do I need to be a Byond member to test my game with other people logged in?

2.Can I do it privately?

I tried hosting with DreamDaemon and one of the teams member tried to join from byond, but connection died
Best response
1. No, anyone can host a BYOND game, unless the game includes some specific rule on hosting.
2. Yes, Dream Daemon has an option for hosting privately. There's a drop-down menu on the bottom-right that defaults to "Public" and has options for Private and Invisible hosting.

If Dream Daemon doesn't give you a green message: "BYOND hub reports port #### can be reached by players" then you need to follow port forwarding instructions.
1. No
2. Yes.

For the attempt to connect - Did you get the message : The BYOND Hub reports that port xxxx can be reached (Or similar in Green Font)?

You should receive the ip address in dream daemon (you're hosting in dream daemon and not dream seeker right? :)). This IP address can be joined via the pager by clicking the cog, and selecting Join....

Edit: Kaio got there first, I did not copy him!
Thanks to both of you for your help, it seems I need to port forward
Ok ported forward, hosted the game and it is reachable by players now how can someone join???
In response to Victorqr
Join through the byond:// link in Dream Daemon. Anyone with BYOND installed can go to that link in their browser to join the game, or they can use the pager's "Open Location..." option.

You can click the link in Dream Daemon to copy it.
Does the other person need to have the same port open, as the host?? Because we get an error connection failed!
In response to Victorqr
no
Ok multiplayer worked, thanks for your help :)