ID:1677565

Keywords: art, challenge, fun
We haven't had any art challenges in a while, so let's have one. The challenge is a simple one, find something you had made in the past and recreate it. Let us all see how you have improved. Even share your memories of the original piece, like where you were, or how it came about.

I am not limiting this to pixel art, I want to see different types of art if you have others. LET'S HAVE FUN!!!

Here is my example:

The left is my old Canti sprite from FLCL. (2008) This sprite is so old its from back in the PAS/BAS days and the MonkeyDidIt helped with it.The right is two versions I recreated with my new style and color choices.

I even have the original post:
http://www.byond.com/members/ Akto?command=view_post&post=258041&first_unread=1&hl=Canti&h la=Akto
Cool Idea.

I decided to remake the characters from my first 2 games respectively.

The girl is from my first game made for a contest in under 5 days, although I got some help it still was kinda stressful to finish lol. It was almost a year ago (damn time flies...).

And the ghostlike fella is from a platformer which it's still today a broken mess.
Nice!!! I remember that ghost from that little platformer game. I really like the color choices. ++

can use some color changes but eh me tired.
AIR GEAR! That was my show! As always Southend making beautiful artwork. You have improved nicely.
Pretty half-assed, and I didn't feel like coloring it but...eh.

As much flak as I'll catch over drawing furries, whatever. Better shapes and body design, as well as a recolour. Not my best work, but it's the only decent redraw of the same character that I have, really.

Here's mine, on the left is my old one from like 2 - 5 months ago I can't really remember how long ago and the one on the right I just done and took me like 5 mins not a big time split between them but I think I've improved upon it quite a lot, I don't have any of my old OLD work :P

Screenshot

:)

Original on the left. I didn't finish it, obviously but I took a shot.
That doesn't count Yut! We need to see what you can do now! Haven't seen any new art from you in forever (besides sneak peaks I seen) That I prob wasn't suppose to xD.
OoooOoOoHhh!
2013 orb one is better by far than 2014.
In response to LILMESSI18
LILMESSI18 wrote:

I agree *nods*
In response to LILMESSI18
LILMESSI18 wrote:

Wrong, the 2014 one has more definition to it looks smexy :D A2J2 MY NIGGUHHHHHH <3
Maybe the colors and the extra little definition but I like the way he did the old orb.
The old orb doesn't look very round, to be honest.
2014 Orb 4 Presidorb.

#MayTheOrbBeWithYou;
I like the 2014 one more because it's more defined and actually looks like an orb the 2013 one looks sort of like an egg.The shading and lighting is spot on and no love for the octopus guy?I like the shading on the face and he looks hideous in a good way.Great job dude nice to see the both of us improving.
Ok I'll give a more serious update on my improvement now, since I just finished this. It's not an actual remake of anything but...eh. WARNING ITS KINDA BIG
EDIT: Ok good it didn't make it go full size. If you want full size: http://puu.sh/bLBft/279a284d2c.png

Page: 1 2