ID:1678385

Resolved
When an atom was moving but using a non-movement icon state, the timing of its icon animation was not based on the time the atom started moving. This caused synchronization issues when movement and non-movement icon states were used together (i.e., with overlays).
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Firefox 34.0
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
When overlays are applied to a mob, sometimes their animations become de-synced with its parent mob. For example, in my case, I have added a few armor overlays to an actor:

This only happens in the webclient, however. On DreamSeeker this works just fine:

Additional info:

I can work around this bug if I uncheck the movement states' movement status.

Unchecking this fixes the issue. And upon further inspection, the actor's sprite does not actually use the movement status for its moving state.
I'm a little unclear on the specifics, but definitely want to get this taken care of. Do you have a simple demo I could look at that would show the issue in action?

My guess is that the state being called "movement" instead of a default state may have some bearing as well, but I don't know. It could just be a case of overlays not falling back on the parent icon's state properly or something, but a demo will help me investigate.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
When an atom was moving but using a non-movement icon state, the timing of its icon animation was not based on the time the atom started moving. This caused synchronization issues when movement and non-movement icon states were used together (i.e., with overlays).