ID:1678511

Keywords: bounds, entered, loc
Not a bug
BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 32.0
Applies to:DM Language

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Entered() Proc is called too soon, when a mob approaches a turf/area from the SOUTH or WEST. While it is called on the right time when Entering from the NORTH and EAST, the Proc is called 1 grid sooner before entering the actual area/turf.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.Create an area object and place it on the map.
2.Override the default Entered() proc by making it output to the world when the proc is called and the players loc.
3.Enter the the area/turf from the NORTH/SOUTH/WEST/EAST.
Expected Results:
When the mob has entered the area/turf Entered() is called.
Actual Results:
Entered is called earlier when approaching from the SOUTH or the WEST.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Always
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?
On other computers? Yes

Workarounds:
Manually changing Move() and creating a user defined movement system (so practically nothing...)

Also I think that this may cause another Problem I encountered earlier with objects disappearing only when approached from EAST and SOUTH.
I have never observed this, and I tested some movement code fairly recently where this should have shown up. (This is also inconsistent with what the code says should actually happen.) Do you have an example I could test?

I'm also curious if you might have set the mob's bounds bigger than you thought. A bound_width/height of twice the icon size would easily account for this behavior.
When I first read this, I was wondering if what Victorq is seeing here was due to the overlapping mob behavior and not expecting it to be called until pixel 1,1 of the turf.
In response to Pirion
That's a good point. Entered() will be called before the mob's official loc is that turf, because it gets called the moment the mob is over it.
Well it seems that I've made a stupid mistake, I thought about the bounds in the first place but for some reason instead of width/height I changed x/y, sorry for wasting your time. But even though there is no bug on Entered or Enter I'm pretty sure that the disappearing objects issue is a bug and it was not fixed by changing width/height, but anyway I came around that issue by changing the icon_size of the map.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)