ID:168138

Yeah, probably not what you're thinking. But I've got a problem with macros in my game, and I can't figure out what's causing it, or if there's a way to fix it. When anyone attempts to edit their macros through Options>>Preferences, their DS crashes. Someone told me yesterday that it's a flaw in my code, and if it is, I would like to know, so I can correct it.

I searched the forums and found two posts, one where Tom claimed it was a bug in byond and it was fixed, and another where a few other people had the same problem, and weren't sure as to the source. Anyone have any relevant information?

P.S. I wasn't sure where else to post about this.. Not exactly a code problem that I'm sure of, and I'm not sure if it's a bug or not. So don't flame me if I put it in the wrong area. >.< I just need help.
I am not exactly sure what's causing this...I noticed it also, in several games, one of which is yours, the other is Proelium. I don't think it is a problem with your coding, since your coding has nothing to do with the Preferences Set Macros except executing that verb, but since it crashes on the click of okay, its clearly not something wrong with your game.
In response to XxDohxX
My sentiments exactly, but I was in no mood to argue with the guy who confronted me and said it was a problem in my coding. It had been a long day of testing. But someone else just told me that another game on Byond (I believe it was Bleach Online) had purposely made it crash when people tried to edit their Macros, so I thought there was a possibility it was something in my code that I had done by accident.
In response to Detnom
No offence to anyone...but..."BLEACH ONLINE" LIEK OMG LOL!!!!
In response to KirbyRules
Hey, I take offence to that *looks shocked*

Hmm, don't know where you got the idea that we (Bleach Online) would do that purposely... I think it may have to do something with BYOND's .dms and the newest version (as most of you should know, the new [3.5] BYOND doesn't have .dms in it)

Atleast, that's my wild guess

- GhostAnime
In response to GhostAnime
It was merely word of mouth. I've never played BO, so I didn't know myself, I just thought it would be worth investigating, and seeing if there was perhaps a fix to it.
Didn't mean to directly accuse y'all of anything.
In response to Detnom
It's alright, I was playing *looks away hastely* Though, I do wonder if there's a relationship between the freezing of the client, macro scripts being used, and Dantom macro seting option....
In response to GhostAnime
I'm really not too sure, although it wouldn't surprise me.

It would be alot more helpful if we knew what led up to the crashing.. I'm tempted to start tearing up my code and commenting various pieces, to see if I can nab the culprit, if there is one.
In response to Detnom
Well, I did the macro setup using the old .dms file method... when I disabled the .dms and modified the BYOND macro (via preference) in the game (after compiling ofcourse), it didn't froze on me...

Now is a simple mystery if it's the old .dms file that caused the crashing/freezing or a conflict between an existing client.script for a certain macro with the new updated one

EDIT: I tested both .dms and client.script way... the only logical solution to the question of why it is happening is that there is a possible conflict between the client.script/.dms (samething really) and a new entry from the BYOND preference...or something

- GhostAnime