If you have a singular application, such as BYOND, a separate partition is just not convenient or particularly practical from a usability view. You simply just end up using the OS where the bulk of your more interesting activities are, and dropping use of the other OS entirely. So essentially for Linux users, dropping BYOND.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
Some people consider it a cash sink, but I just can't accept VMs / Emulators / Anything else like them (except Simulators).

Sometimes I just can't grasp the concept that people don't just partition, or (better yet) buy a second computer running the OS of choice.

Well I feel that WINE has gotten better to the point where it can run well enough to be used. It renders very, very well nowadays. ^.^ Though, some people are like you where they feel "just dual boot" or "use a second computer for Windows if you want to play on window's programs" I too felt that way before, but eh, since I am now capable of using WINE for many things like Game Maker, BYOND(DM too), FL Studio, etc, I don't really have a need for Windows anymore. x3
In response to Audio freak XD
But shunning and making false about VMs is not the way to portray your ability to run what "you" want.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
But shunning and making false about VMs is not the way to portray your ability to run what "you" want.

Can you please provide your sources? If not, then stop.
Any and every VPS and dedicated server with virtualization anywhere in the world...

Can you stop acting like a spoilt brat now please..
Great source(jk). When I said a source I meant absolute proof. Since no proof was provided I will continue to have the same VM information. If you don't like me being rude then don't be rude to me.
I really prefer using VMware over anything else, it serves my purposes perfectly. Plus, having a whole separate operating system ready to roll comes in handy a lot more than you'd think. There are going to be slow-downs, but that's to be expected. If you are emulating a VM and you expect to be running top speed, you're doing something wrong. That said, I don't think the two are really comparable. Wine is good for it does, and VMs are good for what they do.
Yes. WINE is said to actually get some sort of window up from opening every application you want...some just crash, which means they are getting far with it. Though, both aren't perfect. Running a Linux system and then running Winodws on VM is a lot safer I hear than running windows completely.
Audio freak XD wrote:
Running a Linux system and then running Winodws on VM is a lot safer I hear than running windows completely.

What.....

Again with the false claims...

Please explain further..
Bro, are you mad that Windows is unsafe compared to Linux or what? You seem to not know anything about why people rather use Linux.

Edit: If you really want to know what I am talking about, do your own research. I am roleplaying on Misuterri.
Idk if Audio is serious or trolling at this point.

i hope to god he's trolling.
In response to LILMESSI18
Hahaha no he isn't trolling, he is just that stupid.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Hahaha no he isn't trolling, he is just that stupid.

It's also quite dumb for people to call someone else stupid making themselves look immature and foolish.

The fact is...now you insulted me twice and I have asked you to stop posting here claiming I am wrong without a valid article proving yourself, therefore, blowing up the forum post. This is a Linux category. If you want to talk about how awesome Windows is compared to Linux then do it on 'off topic'. You're kind of harassing me.

http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/ 768257-why-arguing-that-windows-is-better-than-linux-makes-y ou-look-silly/ Here's a good article.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1Klr9H86pY --- I really like this video. It gives out facts on how safe Linux can be to operate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux --- official, fully right wikipedia.

--------------------------

Now, since you're not opening your eyes very well, and also proving to be mad at the fact that Linux obviously is, and clearly is a more accurate -safer- operating than Windows. I will explain why I said Linux is safer to have on VM to run Windows than Windows itself.

1. Windows is vulnerable to viruses. Once viruses attacks Windows, it can and will eat Window's boot manager, or necessary files to make it run right.
2. You can save all your person files on Linux, so if your Windows got all corrupted on VM it will be safe and sound. If Windows is running completely, then you can say goodbye to the files unless you know how to re-install Windows (which most people don't get).

Now, even though I showed my sources backing up my statements, how about starting yours instead of calling people stupid. I don't know what's up with your ego, but it does not give you a right to harass them and insult them because you're too much of a baby to stop.
Yawn.

Again false claims..
Page: 1 2