ID:1683485

These are two muscular characters that I created some time ago.

photo MuscularMale_zps5042a222.gif  photo MuscularFemale_zps31b382a1.gif
looks like cocoa puffs.. if you change up the palette make it slimmer then this would be nice.
In response to Xyberman
Thank you for the feedback. I find it a value/lighting issue more than a color one. I did a few recolors. @_@

photo RedoneMusclyMale_zpscd059da2.png
I dislike the colors as well, none of them feel right lol.
3rd one is the better of the set, imho.
It's definitely a matter of taste. I enjoy unusual colors such as these from Breath of Fire 3 and 4, and Tenshi no Present. Tenshi no Presents character Fon-Fon, which is the muscular human guy screaming in this, was part of the inspiration for this character. More for his form and less for his colors. When you look at Fon-Fon and many of the others, except for maybe Khan, you see that they have a high value contrast. This contrast might be what brings up their appeal. They're almost white to dark grey. Look at Gar, the dude with wings, his deltoids have twice as many colors as mine and Fon-Fon. Seriously, BOF3 was nuts with the amount of colors. Then in 4 they just cut the extreme saturation and number colors.

photo RedoneMusclyMale2_zps74f19e71.png

The original character I posted didn't have that much contrast in it. It was pretty mid-tone all through out. The third from the left, to the right of the grey-scale iteration, is where I built up the contrast and brought the color back. After that I desaturated it again, and then after that I added another value to it. From there I wanted a dark skin iteration that matched the desaturated one third from the right.

Ah, I like it personally.