ID:1683979

Keywords: audio, sound
(See the best response by Sir Lazarus.)
Problem description:

How would you achieve recording audio using DM?

Best response
You don't. There is no built-in way to record audio using the DM language alone.

If your intention is to record audio on the server-side then there are two ways:

1. You could use shell() to call an external application. This requires you to find or write an external application that does what you want.

2. You could use call() to embed and run C/C++ code using a DLL file. This requires knowledge of C/C++ and even then there's currently no BYOND API to use to get information from the running game.

If your intention is to record audio on the client:

I can only see this working in the webclient. You'd have to use the HTML5 API and write your own control. It would depend on the player giving you permission to use their camera + microphone. I'm not sure if you can record anything other than that.
In response to Sir Lazarus
Sir Lazarus wrote:
I can only see this working in the webclient. You'd have to use the HTML5 API and write your own control. It would depend on the player giving you permission to use their camera + microphone. I'm not sure if you can record anything other than that.

In addition to this, I believe you can use a Flash Plugin and a Browser element to TRY and achieve this in Dream Seeker. But I'm no good with Flash, so I can't help you there...