ID:1684591

Not Feasible
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
I realize that porting BYOND to iOS/Android is not an option, and I understand why; this post is not at all about that.
I personally (and I can't speak for others on this matter, as I have no idea of the matter) use the BYOND messenger quite a bit, as it allows me to chat with people I know ingame, without being ingame with them at the time or attempting to find them on some other messaging service (such as skype), but what's annoyed me for quite some time is the fact that I can't ever contact them from anything other than my computer; What I suggest is a mobile (iOS/Android) app for the BYOND messenger.

I realize that I may have not worded this incredibly well, and I have no idea how plausible the idea is, but hey, the worst that happens is the idea doesn't get accepted.
There has been plenty of "BYOND App" posts like this one. The only thing that has changed is that games will be playable on smartphones through the webclient. This may let people join Chatters, for example, through their mobile browsers.
Nadrew resolved issue (Not Feasible)
Again, I'm not asking about the games, I'm asking about the messenger; are you saying that that's not feasible, or are you simply dismissing this as another request for BYOND games on mobile?
It's more of a 'it's probably something the developers aren't interested in spending time on at the moment' thing than anything. It's not to dismiss it outright, just for the foreseeable future.
Heck, I'll dismiss it outright. This has come up lots of times before, and the door is absolutely closed. There is no ROI whatsoever in developing a pager app. Other apps already cover that ground, and there's really no point in having a special app just for BYOND users.

Having something that ties in with the webclient so users could browse and launch games would be somewhat useful, but that would be much easier managed on a page instead of via an app.
I suppose a page would work much better either way.
Since Lummox JR responded to this at least 3 some hours ago, I'll make the assumption they're still "fresh" and are around somewhere here...

Is there any possibility that third party apps can be made for the pager on mobile devices? I'm on the road a lot more often now, and using my phone for this site is a bit of a pain for me to check my pager notifications (whether it's an actual page, or just a post I follow being commented on).

If it isn't possible, then sure, fine I can live with it.
i think that byond should have its own app

what byond app should have/do

.checking byond messsages from app
.sends reminders to you if friends,games are online
btw comment tell me what you guys think about this
who moved my messages