ID:1684624

(See the best response by Higoten.)
so ive coded a lot in bash, perl, java, c++. But I have zero knowledge in networks. A couple days ago I messed with my internet settings in an attempt to block my brother from league as he is highly addicted.

Anyway to the point. After that i wasnt able to host to my alt computer. Its trying to connect but ends up blocking or something.

my knowledge in networking: i know how to go to router website, and can use ipconfig on console command. thats pretty much all my knowledge. Can someone guide me to help me get it working? How do i host to public as well?
ive also reset my internet to defualt settings and that didnt work
So, you post a bunch of noise to "show off".
And then you try to BLOCK a human being from LEAGUE?!

What are you?
In response to Ishuri
Ishuri wrote:
So, you post a bunch of noise to "show off".
And then you try to BLOCK a human being from LEAGUE?!

What are you?

He evil man of mankind
dude, my brothers addicted. You dont know the situation in my household. Anyway i wasnt trying to show off i was trying to say i know how to code fairly well, but i have no knowledge what so ever in networking and need some help
It was a bunch of noise I agree. But i was just trying to exaplain my predictiment. That i can code, i just am a baby when it comes to network knowledge. Sure i could have left out the backstory, my bad
Still u could just affored a new network plan for ur ISP. Or just get vps.
Best response
Hello Anthonytyran,

To be clear, your problem is that after messing with your router network settings, your alternative computer that you use to be able to host with is no longer able to be used to host with because the computer can not be reached. Following this you have tried a factory reset, which did not resolve the problem, correct?

If so, the first step you should take is to double check and make sure that the IP address and port number in the port forwarding section of the routers control panel matches the IP address of the host computer, and the port that dream daemon is using. If you tried a factory reset, that would have purged all of the port forwarding setting, and these would need to be reestablished.

If the port-forwarding settings appear correct, try hosting, then connect to the server using the host computer's local IP ( IPv4 when you use ipconfig/all in the command prompt) address in place of the public IP address dream daemon provides.

Good luck!