ID:1684730

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
Problem description:

Just wondering if it's possible to search the RSC file for a certain file before I add said file to RSC.
In case you might be wondering, I would like to have one set of clothing then apply color to that clothing-then place the modified clothing file into the RSC using "fcopy_rsc()". I was just curious if there is a way to check if the file already exists in the rsc file before doing all this in order to avoid an inflated RSC file.
Best response
It'll handle that for you, duplicate rsc entries are automatically handled by the system, as long as the data is identical.
I don't think so (edit: Nadrew pointed out that it's unnecessary, but this is for preventing the icon operations altogether), but you can make your own list to manage dynamic icons. I did this a lot before the atom.color and atom.transform features were added.

I'd associate the icon name and color (and rotation angle) as a string "[icon] [color] [angle]" to the cached icon. If that string is in the list, then that resource exists. Otherwise, create it.
Awesome good to know, thanks you two.