ID:1688096

Anyone here interested in dubstep and/or know any songs that sound similar or share similarities with this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lM07iiGKoo

It's just to perfect *-* , this blows Skrillex and Deadmau5 out of the water IMO :P
First, how dare you mention dubstep.

Second, don't ever mention dubstep again.

Third, I'm not sure that song you linked was dubstep. I didn't hear enough "wub wub wubs". In order for something to be considered dubstep, it has to have wubs. NO WUBS = NO DUBS. Remember that golden rule when trying to identify dubstep songs.

Fourth, you might be able to find something similar if you dig around on the Monstercat youtube channel long enough. They have a crapton of dubstep, glitch hop, dnb, house, whatever you're into.

Fifth, no one likes dubstep. And you should feel bad if you enjoy it.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
First, how dare you mention dubstep.

Second, don't ever mention dubstep again.

i do wat i wunt

Third, I'm not sure that song you linked was dubstep. I didn't hear enough "wub wub wubs". In order for something to be considered dubstep, it has to have wubs. NO WUBS = NO DUBS. Remember that golden rule when trying to identify dubstep songs.

Says the guy who doesn't listen to dubstep. ;)

Fourth, you might be able to find something similar if you dig around on the Monstercat youtube channel long enough. They have a crapton of dubstep, glitch hop, dnb, house, whatever you're into.

I've done my digging, that's why I made this post xD HALP

Fifth, no one likes dubstep. And you should feel bad if you enjoy it.

That's like.., your opinion man.
It's more Electro-house than Dubstep, but I guess anything using a synthesizer is considered "dubstep" these days. Also, you should listen to artists like Krewella and Pegboard Nerds if you like this.
Love Dave Crowe :)
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Love Dave Crowe :)

See? That guy had plenty of wubs right off the bat.

All joking aside, I liked the Cryptex tune. Although I think the "wub wub" was my least favorite part TBH.

The first thing to realize is that genres usually have blurred lines, and dubstep is closely related with, and often mixed with, other genres such as house, dnb, triphop, and so on. Personally I prefer music that doesn't fit too easily in a genre, I've been to dubstep shows where it's literally nothing but wubs and its awful.

Here's some of my favorite electronic tunes that probably don't involve any dubstep at all:

Dark Steering by Squarepushuer
This is probably the closest I get to dubstep, although it doesn't really have the token wubs

Girl in the Fire by Pendulum
Strictly drum and bass

Symphonatic by Infected Mushroom
psy-trance from back in the day

Untrue by Tchami
deep house
In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
I've been to dubstep shows where it's literally nothing but wubs and its awful.

I'm honestly not sure what's worse: listening to wubs or listening to Chief Keef.

Probably the wubs, since at least some Chief Keef songs have decent instrumentals. You can't understand what Chief Keef is trying to say but at least the beat is cool sometimes.
In response to Solomn Architect
Solomn Architect wrote:
... Also, you should listen to artists like Krewella and Pegboard Nerds if you like this.

pegboard nerds maybe Krewella(one of my favs) has more vocals.

A lot of electronic sub genres cross into one another.This is the reason most people just say EDM instead of dubstep,house, etc.

EmpirezTeam wrote:
....at least some Chief Keef songs have decent instrumentals. You can't understand what Chief Keef is trying to say but at least the beat is cool sometimes.

I guess you like that Young Thug guy too? smh
In response to JabsPerson
JabsPerson wrote:

You just quoted Krewella as one of your favorites. Your argument is invalid. Krewella and Demi Lovato are two of the biggest autotune abusers right now.
Who cares?
EmpirezTeam wrote:
JabsPerson wrote:

You just quoted Krewella as one of your favorites. Your argument is invalid. Krewella and Demi Lovato are two of the biggest autotune abusers right now.

I've always hated the autotune wars that people have. It's just a thing. If you can make music that still sounds awesome but you use autotune, that doesn't make it any less awesome. A lot of people fail to take in the music as a whole and instead criticize its methods.

Take Daft Punk for example. They use exclusively autotune for their vocals, but they're the upper crust of techno bands because of it.
Say you and I get into a UFC ring and duke it out. You're fighting with your bare hands, and I'm fighting with giant mechanical fists, like Vi from League of Legends. After I beat you to a pulp, would you be okay with me saying "I beat you because I was a talented fighter?", or would you argue that the reason I won was because... I had two giant mechanical fists?

Autotune abusers are no different. They step into the ring ( recording booth ) and realize they sound like crap, so they turn the autotune ( mechanical fists ) up so high until they sound like a damn robot, and then turn around and say they're "talented". I don't get where the talent comes in at. I mean like, there used to be a time in music where in order to be considered a good singer, you had to actually, you know, be a good singer. But now any average Joe living in his Mom's basement who has Audacity installed on their computer can be considered a great musician as long as they download the autotune plugin and set it to maximum, because apparently sounding like a robot is "talent" now.

The truly talented singers are those who sound amazing even before any studio effects are added. And the really sad part is some singers actually sound better WITHOUT autotune but still abuse the hell out of it anyway, for some unknown reason. So to make a long story short, I don't care if you use autotune, just don't call yourself a great singer after doing so, because you're not - the autotune and whatever other studio effects you decided to throw in are doing most of the work for you.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Say you and I get into a UFC ring and duke it out. You're fighting with your bare hands, and I'm fighting with giant mechanical fists, like Vi from League of Legends. After I beat you to a pulp, would you be okay with me saying "I beat you because I was a talented fighter?", or would you argue that the reason I won was because... I had two giant mechanical fists?

Apples and oranges.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Apples and oranges.

Apples and apples.

Even if my comparison wasn't valid, a piece of software used to modify someone's voice, by definition, cannot count as "talent". Talent is purely natural, it doesn't come from anywhere else except within you.

Hell, it can't even be counted as "skill" because a skill requires you to have actually put forth some sort of work. Running your vocals through autotune is not work, unfortunately, because as I pointed out, once you do that, the computer is doing a lot, if not most, of the work. True work would be actually taking singing lessons and mastering control of your voice.
And what does that have to do with making music that others enjoy? Is that in itself not a talent?
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
And what does that have to do with making music that others enjoy? Is that in itself not a talent?

I never stated that they weren't successful in making music that others enjoy.

I stated that they weren't talented singers.

I was accused of liking "Young Thug" music by someone who said Krewella was one of their favorite artists, so I merely pointed out that Krewella weren't talented vocalists, and that they throw on a ton of audio effects into their music to mask that fact.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
so I merely pointed out that Krewella weren't talented vocalists, and that they throw on a ton of audio effects into their music to mask that fact.

Even so people like their music, so they're talent in their own way.
Again, apples and oranges.

I wasn't saying that autotune made up for poor singing. It doesn't. You have good singers and you have singers who need autotune. And then you have singers who use autotune to best fit the mix.

But the argument was never on "who sings better", it was always on the quality of music being made and there's no denying that Krewella, no matter HOW much autotune they use, doesn't produce good quality music.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Even so people like their music, so they're talent in their own way.

You're right, everyone's a winner.
Page: 1 2