ID:1691406

Poll: Should BYOND members have a feature that enables them to use the old layouts?

Hell yes. 39% (15)
Hell no. 44% (17)
I don't care how it looks. 15% (6)

Login to vote.

It'd be a neat feature to be able to revert BYOND back into the previous layouts it once used for the website. I'd even dare say make it a BYOND member feature to give the masses a little more incentive to subscribe.
That would take an insane amount of work. Nay.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:

Fair enough.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:

so does our money.

just sayin.
If you want them to take the months of time to do this away from working on the software, you're pretty short-sighted.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:

Not really, allow the user to select an old style sheet.. two things here are, if class names have changed, and working around the current layout for new styling.

If someone was desperate they could easily make a greasemonkey script to insert the styles of choice.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
If you want them to take the months of time to do this away from working on the software, you're pretty short-sighted.

If it takes months to simply add old layouts to BYOND then that is pretty sad.
It's not a matter of just 'adding an old layout' it's adapting said old layouts to existing site code, because if you just swapped old stuff in the site would become non-functional.
The negativity is strong with this one.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
It's not a matter of just 'adding an old layout' it's adapting said old layouts to existing site code, because if you just swapped old stuff in the site would become non-functional.

Well with how many times BYOND has changed over the last decade or so I'm surprised you guys didn't make it easier to change the look of the site.

This is unfortunate.

However that being the case I still don't see how it would take months to do..Maybe a week or two at the most if you really spent some time in it.
It's probably pretty easy to change the general stylization of the site, but changing it to match older layouts would be more than a stylization change.

If all you want are old colors you can do that yourself with browser plugins.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
It's probably pretty easy to change the general stylization of the site, but changing it to match older layouts would be more than a stylization change.

Either way I don't see as having old styles being of that much importance.

~EOT

In response to Gokussj99
Gokussj99 wrote:
Nadrew wrote:

Either way I don't see as having old styles being of that much importance.

~EOT
It's really not important, but it'd be a nice feature seeing as how members don't receive much to begin with. Not trying to sound demanding in any way, this poll was just to stir a bit of curiosity amongst the community.