ID:1691682

I just installed the new beta Byond in my linux it installed perfectly and tryed to use the new webclient feature when i click play with webclient it gives me an error
BUG: No files for webclient found in /home/Cursed/byond/web/

so is it a bug i am doing any mistake or something else i have all the lib's installed but still shows this thing and the games doesnt starts in the webclient

DreamDaemon will look for ../web relative to where the binaries are. If the dir is not there, or cannot be opened or listed, that would cause the issue. Our other Linux users might be able to help more.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
DreamDaemon will look for ../web relative to where the binaries are. If the dir is not there, or cannot be opened or listed, that would cause the issue. Our other Linux users might be able to help more.

is there any vedio or tutorial on how to apply the things
I recommend installing BYOND as root using "make install" (there is a README that will explain it). The 507 version should be just as stable as anything else, so no risk there. If you wish to install it separately, you should follow the procedure mentioned here:

http://www.byond.com/ forum/?post=1671259&page=2#comment11932722

Which boils down to using:

byondexec /path/to/DreamDaemon [file] [port]

if you haven't installed BYOND.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
I recommend installing BYOND as root using "make install" (there is a README that will explain it). The 507 version should be just as stable as anything else, so no risk there. If you wish to install it separately, you should follow the procedure mentioned here:

http://www.byond.com/ forum/?post=1671259&page=2#comment11932722

Which boils down to using:

byondexec /path/to/DreamDaemon [file] [port]

if you haven't installed BYOND.

sorry sir i even tried your way but didnt work out it still says that bug error
and i dont even have root access so i am not able to install it with root access so i did with make here and tried to execute that program
I host it works fine then

But when tried to join it shows this error
That still indicates an unsuccessful install. Look at the dirs and the contents to see if everything is there that's supposed to be, or if the permissions are somehow wrong.

The error you received suggests your DreamDaemon executable is in /home/Cursed/byond/bin. There should also be a /home/Cursed/byond/web dir as well if the installation was successful, containing a number of .dms files and a .js file. The web dir should be readable, and I believe it also needs to be executable in order to support getting a list of files.

I would also recommend talking to some people in Chatters. A number of our Linux users hang out there and might have insight.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
That still indicates an unsuccessful install. Look at the dirs and the contents to see if everything is there that's supposed to be, or if the permissions are somehow wrong.

The error you received suggests your DreamDaemon executable is in /home/Cursed/byond/bin. There should also be a /home/Cursed/byond/web dir as well if the installation was successful, containing a number of .dms files and a .js file. The web dir should be readable, and I believe it also needs to be executable in order to support getting a list of files.

sir i cross checked and the directory and all its files exists

I would also recommend talking to some people in Chatters. A number of our Linux users hang out there and might have insight.

ok thank you for your suggestion i will join chatters and ask the people how to go on further
Thank you for your help