ID:1692089

Descriptive Problem Summary:
Well it seems that whenever I try to load up BYOND it doesn't actually load. I would let it sit there for 1-2 hours and it does nothing. All that comes up is "Loading game information". I have noticed that it might be missing files however I have downloaded 506.1247 and 507.1260 to test and I got the same results. I did have a previous version of BYOND and noticed it had a server error of some kind so I went to re-install. I did use the uninstaller and saw no real issue there. However now when I went to reinstall it I got this issue.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Double left click BYOND on desktop
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
For it to actually load.
Actual Results:
It just sits there and does nothing. I've checked task manager to see if the process would either go up or down in usage and it slowly declined at a steady 20kb.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Everytime
In other games?
Nope.
In other user accounts?
Can't check.
On other computers?
Don't have any other computers.

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

I fixed it by simply turning off my anti-virus and firewall. It seems that even though it was added as an exception, it needed to be off to load. I've tested it further and it seems that Comodo Internet Security Premium blocks BYOND client from working.

Turn off Auto-Sandbox, Firewall and Antivirus to get it working.
You mentioned that you updated BYOND and then it stopped working. Did you try removing and re-adding the exception? Sometimes antivirus software will remember a hash of the executable with an exception, so it may not automatically apply to the updated version.
I've checked that, for some reason it's actually this "Auto-Sandbox" mode that seemed to of been blocking it. I did remove and re-add the exception to the firewall and it had no issues afterwards. From what I can also tell neither version was to blame my antivirus didn't remember a hash, instead it just allowed the program fully.
I was having the same problem since Thursday.
I noticed today that if I open IE it would crash on start up (either the normal 32bit version, 32bit no addons, or the 64bit version)

I managed to fix it by:
-Start > Run > cmd
-type in the cmd prompt "sfc /scannow"

It'll then scan the integrity of your files, hopefully it should be able to fix them (sfc can be a bit hit or miss)