ID:1692610

I feel so annoyed .I see so manny byond games and some of em aren't even active and most of them are rips . I don't understand why byond staff is allowing too manny rips and doesn't delete non active for a long time period games .I think there should be a commission of valuation for games . I don't want to see rips all over the place .And those freaking coders that code rips should be sentenced.I think this will make byond a little bit better. I understand if you don't give a shit cuz byond will soon die but i don't want 2 remember 100 naruto goas. Thank you very much
Hi there WRidi. It's unfortunate that you feel this way, but we've been down the road of evaluating games to determine their originality in the past. It was ultimately not worth our time and resources (as it ended up not benefiting BYOND in the least). Here are some past discussions on the matter:

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1645920
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1684298
I am not saying deleting every rip that isn't possible . But unneccessary rips yes . And stop encouraging people to create rips insteand brand new games . This way we player get more real options . That will make byond better while it lasts . Well if you still don't give a fuck then ....
In response to WRidi
WRidi wrote:
I am not saying deleting every rip that isn't possible . But unneccessary rips yes . And stop encouraging people to create rips insteand brand new games . This way we player get more real options . That will make byond better while it lasts . Well if you still don't give a fuck then ....

They don't encourage rips, they fully expect you to make original content. They just can't possibly control the endless tidal waves of rip games that are released almost daily. It's just not possible. BYOND isn't dying, by the way. The population stays at a steady 5 to 8 thousand a day. I'll admit to seeing it be average into the mid 10's back in the day, but some things have changed since then.
It's all for the common good, though.
You're blaming the BYOND staff for the actions of its community. Although they let people make whatever they want (this is a good thing), it just so happens that most users choose the easy way (surprise!); to rip instead of create.

If more people could make enough original games to cover up the rips, that would be good. Unfortunately, pretty much no one seems to be making new original games anymore, for whatever reason.

That includes you, WRidi. If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. Stop complaining about the dominance of rips (which is actually the lack of original games) and do something to actually help.
Wasn't this less problematic when people could make hubs only when they are a member? Just curious. I can't remember much back then.
It's not byonds fault that has more coders than players . In this case you people are right . I don't understand this freedom that the staff let coders to do whateva they want.Its annoys me so much that they don't get punished for making rips that aren't needed. I haven't been much in byond but If you don't an antivirus your computer will keep growing viruses till they fuck up the computer well thats what i think .Can byond get better i think it can but I don't think thiw way is the right way.I am a nobody but i dont like byond going downhill . I have grown love for it already .
Lol BYOND Staff can't do anything about rips. Watch who you trust your source with.
Them Naruto games are all rips for sure though.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Lol BYOND Staff can't do anything about rips. Watch who you trust your source with.

How come sir ?
In response to WRidi
WRidi wrote:
Ganite wrote:

How come sir ?

They aren't going to waste their times taking down rips. If people don't want to play rips, they don't. Simple. So, just don't play them and accept that they are accepted here.
From the second link LordAndrew posted, Stephen explains all.

They really aren't acceptable here just nothing they can do about it. But they wouldn't allow things such as Eternia/Spirit Age rips I'm guessing. Nothing they can do about the massive anime rips.
Perhaps if they know the original creator of the game they'll tear down the hub? Eh.
Somebody create a brand new inovative fun game to play and not a rip :O . PVP not rp :P
You do it. Build Your Own Net Dream!

EDIT: I also find it funny you complain about rips but you are playing a DBZ rip yourself lol. Hypocrite.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
You do it. Build Your Own Net Dream!

EDIT: I also find it funny you complain about rips but you are playing a DBZ rip yourself lol. Hypocrite.

Icon for me ? And i don't know any non dbz rip so ...

Heh. Hypocrites everywhere. Immature people everywhere. Ganite, I think we are being taken over by children!!