ID:1694390

Its coming along slowly but surely. The game is pretty much playable now, though still short on content. All the challenge stuff seems to work well. I've got a few more options to set up, including different shapes for the maps, terrain types, and a game timer. The AI has been improved a bit, though it still isn't great.

I'm hoping to have somewhere around fifty different critters by the time I'm done. New players will start with a base set, and can unlock additional critters by playing through a single player campaign. I'd like to add themed expansion packs, each with a solo campaign to play through, unlocking more critters as you go. These could also unlock different terrains and map styles.

At this point, the biggest projects are going to be setting up a single player campaign mode, and drawing a ton of critters.
Remember to share it on social media with the #screenshotsaturday tag. =)
Looks great so far, but I think it needs more juice. Add some flashy visual effects for picking up and placing animals. When a board loads up, have some sort of intro animation like the hex tiles falling into place.
In response to SuperAntx
I agree. Dropping the hexes into place shouldn't be too tough with animate. I'll try to figure some sort of effects for picking up and dropping as well. There will be sounds at some point, though I haven't got around to any of them yet.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)
In response to ACWraith
ACWraith wrote:

If only I had any friends on social media who would see it. :P I'll do it.
Drops:

or
Twirls:

I kind of like the twirly one, but I'm gonna keep working on them.
You are amazingly talented. We need to get these sorts of games more exposure through existing gaming portals (assuming it works OK multiplayer). We'll have to see how that works out with the webclient. It's almost stable I think.
Twirly.

In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
ACWraith wrote:

If only I had any friends on social media who would see it. :P I'll do it.

The nature of the tag is that it doesn't rely on friends. (Though the privacy levels of posts could be a factor.) Pics get collected for everyone viewing the tag and there are dedicated sites. =)
In response to Flick
Why not have both or even more so it's not the same every time? If you wanted to go crazy with it you could do something unique for each terrain type, having the water spin around with water droplets flying off while the forest tiles fall down with the trees falling onto them a second later with a puff of smoke when landing. Maybe even throw in some sound effects too.
In response to SuperAntx
You're killing me, because now I so want to do this :P