ID:1694422

Redundant
Applies to:

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
I would like to suggest a couple of tweaks in regard to how matrices are used.

Currently, icons will always be rendered at the center. This means all rotation and scaling happens from this point. I feel that it is more proper to use the bottom left corner as the default origin and use Translate () to change this to the center if necessary. That is, matrix fields c and f.

Currently Translate only changes the position of the icon, but not the point of rotation or scaling. This is always done in the center regardless of translation values. Proven false.

If you Translate(icon_width / 2, icon_height / 2), then your next operations will be from the bottom-left, right?
Last time I tried that it didn't work for me. I could have done it wrong or something and I would like to test it again before saying I am sure of it.
Tested it out. Translate() indeed changes the origin of scaling and rotation, so the claim I made before is false. However, I still feel that the origin point should be the bottom-left.

edit: I think on it now and I suppose the origin point being in the center makes it more convenient for other BYOND members instead of having to translate it to the center every time they want to Turn() it. I'll live with it if you'd like. Go ahead and scrap this request if you'd like.
DarkCampainger resolved issue (Redundant)