ID:1694743

Not a bug
BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Chrome 37.0.2062.124
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary: So I was playing Space Station 13 and Randomly lost connection, when I tried to reconnect I got told on the pager "Access Denied" "Banned by host:Connection Refused" Concerned I talked to a server admin and he said I wansnt banned
so I waited a day, re installed byond, used a different account, tried on different wifi and VPN. so I talked to someone more knowledgeable and they said I got banned for switching VPNs and the game anti spam got me. but we couldn't find logs and cant find why the game is denying me. we exhausted all of ideas and decided to make a report here.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Possibly do the VPN slide on a server and wait to get banned

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: connect to server and game

Actual Results: "access Denied" Banned by host: Connection Refused"

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? every time
In other games? no
In other user accounts? yes
On other computers? N/A

When does the problem NOT occur? on any other SS13 server

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds: none so far

Dream Daemon can ban IP addresses on top of BYOND usernames, so if the server happened to contain either in its ban list, you won't be able to connect.

They might need to look into their server ban associations to check if both your IP address AND your BYOND username have been cleared from this list. The server should allow you to join if they didn't add another layer to their banning system (by softcoding a banning system using DM).
Thank ill pass this info on to the person in charge of this on the server I play on. Ill post an update when I have one
Please mark this issue as resolved. Our anti-ToR code flagged their IP as a Tor Exit node because the IP N8-Toe was using from their VPN was once used as an exit node. I forgot to check .byond on our Linux computer, so I didn't see the stickybans.
DarkCampainger resolved issue (Not a bug)