ID:1699734

Problem description:
I've checked out the chat system made by Jemail and while it's nice, not really what I'm looking for. It also has some issues that prevent me from using it in the way I need to.

Since that leaves me at square 1, I'd like a small bit of input on what needs to occur in order to create a chat system made purely out of screen objects. From entering text to having it appear and scroll within the bounds of the chat out put box that I set.

This is what I have thus far *only the visuals*.

Any help once again appreciated.
It is possible to make a chat system entirely out of screen objects, but there are some limitations to this approach.

While you can use atom.maptext to render font text on screen, scrolling isn't really something that can be done by the client automatically. It would need to be soft-coded.

Check out "screen (client var)" and "maptext" in the DM reference on how to get started.
In response to Mr_Goober
Mr_Goober wrote:
It is possible to make a chat system entirely out of screen objects, but there are some limitations to this approach.

While you can use atom.maptext to render font text on screen, scrolling isn't really something that can be done by the client automatically. It would need to be soft-coded.

Check out "screen (client var)" and "maptext" in the DM reference on how to get started.

That's all very general knowledge, I'm aware of that already. Hmm. I'll see what I can do on my own. thanks for attempting to help