ID:1700103

BYOND Version:I don't know what client Weeb station is using, but I was testing weeb station.
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 39.0.2171.27
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

This seems to be a problem I noticed some ss13 codebases. Namely tgstation but others could be effected as well.

Here's a link to a webclient server that should be affected.

http://www.byond.com/play/1693817610

Upon trying to log in, the player is disconnected without much documentation as to why.

But the funny thing is if the player creates a character on dream seeker from the server that supports the web client, the web client will let you control the character (albeit some missing UI and browser controls for changelog and rules.)
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.Connect to a ss13 codebase with the webclient enabled (or host one) TGstation and ntstation seem to have this problem, last I checked, don't know about bay.

To fix you have to open dream seeker, create your character and then
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Game launches start up screen, with create character button/dialog, ready/play button, etc.
Actual Results:

The game will probably kick you without warning or any start up screen.
Does the problem occur:
No only when the user hasn't previously set up a character during that round.
When does the problem NOT occur?
When the player has a character set up during the round.
Workarounds:
Create a character in dream seeker.

Note: I don't actually know if this is an ss13 bug or a web client bug, but if it is a ss13 bug it may cause problems for some players.
Did you check any of the .log files for errors when you join via the web client?

Could possibly be SS13 issue, it has in the past had its fair share due to it's inefficient programming.
With SS13 issues it would be very helpful to have a copy of a server that I can run myself for testing purposes, so I can debug issues on the server end as well as the client. Doing so would allow me to catch things in the debugger that might signal something wrong or unexpected on the server end.

I did a bunch of testing with BayStation 12, but I don't think I have a tgstation codebase that's remotely recent.