ID:1701426

Code:
mob
verb
Savenow()
set name ="Save"
if(usr.cansave)
var/savefile/F = new("TSCv3 players/[usr.key].sav")
//usr.V = usr.verbs
usr.xco = usr.x
usr.yco = usr.y
usr.zco = usr.z
Write(F)
spawn(10) usr << "<font color=red><b>Your game has been saved!"
mob
proc
LoadPlayer()
if(fexists("TSCv3 players/[src.key].sav"))
var/savefile/F = new("TSCv3 players/[src.key].sav")
Read(F)
//for(var/mob/s in src.V)
//src.verbs += stuff
world<<"<font size=2><font color=red><B>World News: <font color=red>[src.key] <font color=green>has joined the game."
src.loc = locate(xco,yco,zco)
src.cansave=1
src.Frozen = 0
src.AutoSave()
src.cregen=src.oldcregen
//src.logincrap()
spawn(50)
for(var/c in fan)
if(c==src.key&&src.gotfanreward==0)
src<<"For being a fan of the hub you recieve some exp and money."
src.exp+=src.Mexp
src.yen+=5000
src.gotfanreward=1
src.AwardMedal("I'm a fan!")
else
alert("You dont have a character to load!")
src.start()
mob//this is the code to the mob
puppet
regular

Problem description:
I keep getting this run-time, it all started after i put a mob in the player's inventory im guessing since the mob in the inventory has variables of it's own its having some sort of issue, i'm just not sure how to fix them
run-time error: cannot append to list
proc name: LoadPlayer (/mob/proc/LoadPlayer)
source file: Saving And Loading.dm,132
usr: Zed (/mob)
src: Zed (/mob)
call stack:
Zed (/mob): LoadPlayer()
Zed (/mob): start()
Zed (/mob): Login()

Try using a savefile editor to remove references to that /mob and see if that resolves the issue. You could make your own savefile editor by using the savefile.Import/ExportText funtions

----

For the fan check, instead of checking by looping through all values, you can use the keyword:

if( (src.key in fan) &&src.gotfanreward==0)

Same effect, less lines/writing.
Garthor wrote a really well-written comprehensible article on how to properly do saving with DM, and I will tell you now that you are doing it wrong if you are calling Read()/Write() directly like this. Hang on while I find the article.
I suggest taking a look at Ter13's CleanSave library. I use it in all my projects and I have never had an issue with it. http://www.byond.com/developer/Ter13/CleanSave
Sorry this took so long, but I'd always recommend Garthor's saving method over anyone else's. It's extremely simple to understand and implement. This is a demo he made, and you don't need to pay attention to the "safe_save" proc it's for and instead just look at how he saves in general.

http://www.byond.com/developer/Garthor/SafeSave

Of course you need to figure out how to save peoples' overlays/underlays and any verbs you want them to keep.