ID:1704736

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Google Chrome
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The web client displays stretched icons regardless of dev settings.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1)Make a new interface and include it in project.
2)Turn off icon stretching

3)The icon size on the web client is still stretched

Expected Results:
Web client to display icons in 32 pixel tiles. i.e. Pixel perfect display
Actual Results:
Web client displays icons in a stretched or shrunk resolution.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?When steps are followed, every time.
In other games?yes..
In other user accounts?yes..
On other computers?yes..

When does the problem NOT occur?
Icon stretching occurs regardless of settings on the web client.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
(not that I know of..)

Workarounds:
Set map width to an odd numbered width and set zoom at run-time.
Translated .dmf skins will ignore icon-size/zoom on a map control. It has to be set at runtime to take effect. This is an intentional choice because otherwise, many games look terrible or are outright unplayable that assumed a specific interface size.

Originally this was only done for games with can-resize=false, but Yut Put's Footrace For the Holy Grail proved this could impact resizable games as well, so it was extended.

I'm very open to ideas for improving this behavior.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Translated .dmf skins will ignore icon-size/zoom on a map control. It has to be set at runtime to take effect. This is an intentional choice because otherwise, many games look terrible or are outright unplayable that assumed a specific interface size.

Originally this was only done for games with can-resize=false, but Yut Put's Footrace For the Holy Grail proved this could impact resizable games as well, so it was extended.

I'm very open to ideas for improving this behavior.

My main priority as a dev is to get a pixel perfect display on both clients..
when I tried to set zoom at runtime this was my result..

As you can see..I can't seem to get a pixel perfect display to work on the web client, however I can get a pixel perfect display on the regular client.

I am not sure if this is also intentional?

GatewayRa wrote:
Can you try that in Firefox and see if it does the same?

Same result.
Could it be related to this bug? If the map control has an odd-number width, then zoom=1 is blurry, or something.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Could it be related to this bug? If the map control has an odd-number width, then zoom=1 is blurry, or something.

I checked. the map control has an even numbered width.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:

I did some further testing and am now completely confused.

when I use an odd numbered width its actually the opposite, it works ->is clear on both clients.

but if I use an even number then its blurry on the web client. not sure if this is related to view size, I changed the view size to an even number and nothing changed...so odd. I tried messing with zoom and didn't get anything interesting either.

I think they may have a co-relation now..