ID:1705611

Keywords: 3d, isometric, problems
okay, i'm having some problems, i'm trying to change SS13 to an isometric perspective, and we decided to try to render them in cinema 4D

the problem comes in when i try to use rendered sprites in BYOND, they look made at a different angle than BYOND's isometric angle, wich is a real problem

here are some screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/1YYFo1g.png right before rendering in C4D, render setting, were 32x32, and i accidentally forgot to disable AA, but that doesn't matter anyways

http://imgur.com/fjke0rg sprite in DM, ontop of a DM-generated isometric tile

so, what i can gather is that either cinema 4D's angle or BYOND's angle aren't correct isometric, and, no offense, but i'd rather trust MAXON than BYOND on the subject of what the correct angle for isometric things is

any help on the subject would be appreciated
The reason why the angles do not line up is because BYOND doesnt use true isometric angles. The reason why is because it is easier to create icons using a 2:1 axis ratio than using actual isometric. BYOND uses dimetric, which angles are about 23 degrees per corner. True isometric uses 30 degrees.
well, thanks, still a bit confusing though, i'll figure something out
Check the edges of the texture in your screenshot in 4D and then BYOND. If you notice, you will see that for every two pixels left or right, it will be one pixel up or down (in byond). This is not the case in 4D as the pixels usually go 2:1:2 horizontally for every vertical pixel. I am on mobile so it is hard to explain without a picture.
yeah i noticed, anyways rendering dimetric in C4D isn't any more difficult, so, i should be good
Alright. Good luck to you.
well, kinda of odd, but C4D's dimetric is at a different angle, doesn't look close to BYOND 'isometric' so i'll have to try and replicate it with a parralel camera , when i typed that i just remembered there was a dimetric option, never used it though, but i'll live

EDIT: and after typing that i realised the width's incorrect like that, guess i'll have to tinker even more
In response to PJB3005
It's actually P 30 degrees, but I've never used C4D.
well, got it, parralel camera at -45 H and 30 P degrees, and semi-precisely zooming onto the tile got it to work mostly to work, top left of the sprite's a little too small, but that's easily fixable, thanks