ID:1706501

BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 31.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When trying to type in a file path in the file browser sometimes keystrokes are passed to the main window and are lost in the browser popup.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Have your client browse for a file, hold down a single key and see that 30%~ of the keystrokes get sent to the main window
Expected Results:
Uninterrupted typing

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Quite often
In other games?
Only play ss13
In other user accounts?
yes
On other computers?
yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
on normal text input popups this issue does not occur, just the file browser.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

Still exists for 507
This sounds like a focus thing more-so than a file-path thing. In 507.1256 this should be resolved with winset() and focus param.

From your video it appears that if something new happens in DS than it diverts the focus to DS instead of the file browser. Can you confirm this? Try to have nothing happen in DS and then have something that would cause an update (like how when the player was coming towards your ghost and a verb would appear in the statpanel) and see if that is what is causing the focus diversion.
http://ss13.pomf.se/uploads/2015-05-03_22-36-55.mp4
Empty project with only me connected with 1 verb.
I still can't replicate this at all. From your video I see no way why the file browser would lose focus.
/edit/The specific behavior is that you're not even able to interact with DS while a file browser is open.

I'm not sure what's going on now, to be honest.
I'm trying:
mob/verb/upload_file(upload_file as file)
dunno mang
I can confirm this
Do you have a copy of that project with just the one verb? I've never seen this but if you have an example I can try it.
You don't even need to have a verb; the built in logging feature has the same issue in the save file dialogue.
In response to Pomf123
Your zip doesn't seem to include all of the files.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

What? its just an empty project with a verb that opens up a file selection window.
Actually, I can't recreate it on that ZIP, I can DEFINELTY recreate it in SS13 though.

For me it's even worse, every time something gets typed into the game instead of the file window, the file window gets BEHIND the game, AND looses focus
In response to Pomf123
Pomf123 wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

What? its just an empty project with a verb that opens up a file selection window.

It has no such verb. When I opened the project it told me it couldn't find one of the files. There appears to have been a packaging error.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Pomf123 wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

It has no such verb. When I opened the project it told me it couldn't find one of the files. There appears to have been a packaging error.

It works fine, just open the .dmb

I can't replicate the issue though..