ID:170764

Okay, you know when you have something like mob/verb/say(msg as text) and when you type say it makes that little box pop up with a text area to type in what you want to say? How do you make that disapear?
What do you mean?
In response to Siientx
No, it isn't possible. It's just like the confirmation for client.SendPage(), it just can't be removed..
In response to Lenox
Well is there anyway to change this > mob/verb/help(T as text) some way to where nothing will pop up but it will basically do the same thing?
In response to Loch
Not so far. You could just have them type - Say(hit tab)"Blah - and it won't pop up, don't believe there's another other way..
In response to Lenox
How does Chatters do it then?
I'm sorry what?

Do you want to be able to use the Say() verb but not let a popup box asking for your message? Then the only way to use the Say() verb would be to type in the pink box I guess. If that's what you want then:

mob/verb/Say(T as text)
set hidden = 1
//Say() coding

This means the Say() verb won't appear in the panel but you can use it from the pink bar at the bottom of Dream Seeker.
In response to DeathAwaitsU
Oh.
mob/verb/\>(T as text)
world << "[src]: [T]"
client/command_text = ">"

I dunno'. I think it's something like that.
mob
verb
Say(T as text)
set category = null
if(!T) return
world << "[html_encode(usr.name)]: [copytext(html_encode(T),1,501)]"

client
command_text = "say "

That should do it.
If you give the verb default arguments, then it will not display an input box when you type it on the command line. For example:
mob/verb/say(T = "" as text)
world << "[src]: [T]"

If you click the verb in the command panels, it will still give you an input popup. You'll need to hide it from the verb panels as noted in other posts of this thread to prevent that.
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
If you click the verb in the command panels, it will still give you an input popup. You'll need to hide it from the verb panels as noted in other posts of this thread to prevent that.

If you just type in say, then press enter, you get input box'd.
In response to Hell Ramen
Hell Ramen wrote:
Shadowdarke wrote:

If you just type in say, then press enter, you get input box'd.

Not if you provide a default verb argument, as I demonstrated in my first post.
In response to Shadowdarke
Whoops, I didn't notice the
= ""
part.