ID:1710666

It takes a lot of to load the BYOND Client when you play through the web, downloading is slower than when you download with Dream Seeker and it freezes your whole browser, is this how it's meant to be? Or will it be improved in the future? I doubt anybody would wait that long to play a game they don't know about if it's kept this way.
A lot of traditional flash (or web) games take a while to load, but they have a better indicator of it on the startup screen. We haven't added that glitz yet, but it will come with the final product. Of course we'll work to improve the actual loading speed too, but no guarantees there.
It might also have to do with the size of the game. I log into some games on BYOND and get a 75MB download. That's going to eat time and RAM. Devs should cut down their rsc sizes.
The thing is that it keeps freezing my browser and it asks me if I want to stop the script due to the lag it produces :/
I've never had freezing from it, even from games with huge resources. BYOND's web client uses HTML5, by the way, not Flash (except for ads I guess). There is no Flash client.
In response to ArmitxeX
ArmitxeX wrote:
The thing is that it keeps freezing my browser and it asks me if I want to stop the script due to the lag it produces :/

hit stop script and then refresh the page, i think if you hit continue it'll just keep sitting there forever