ID:1712127

Resolved
JavaScript files included by the webclient or directly in a .dms did not function properly.
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 38.0.2125.111
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

The webclient is spitting out these Javascript errors and preventing me from running my environment:

The error is being thrown by this:

This coincidentally did not happen until I updated to the latest version.
If you can give me the exact original JS that causes that, it would be helpful.

The byond.fixjs() call is intended as a way of dealing with older games that try to communicate with the server by setting window.location, which won't work in this environment. But it's just a wrapper and should work fine on any valid JavaScript code.

I'd also like to see the source of the HTML file used in the browser control's iframe. If the byond.fixjs function isn't defined there, it could indicate the file is being improperly cached (which would still be something we'd want to fix on the server end, naturally). If that is the case, clearing your browser cache would likely eliminate the problem.
If you can give me the exact original JS that causes that, it would be helpful.

There are two files that cause this error: jquery and "mCustomScrollbar" which is a plugin for jquery that I use. The plugin can be found here but I'm pretty sure the contents of the file don't matter. Have not tested this.

The files are included as so:
<head>
<script src="resources/scripts/jquery-min.js"></script>
<script src="resources/scripts/mCustomScrollbar.js"></script>
</head>

And these are the contents of the source HTML: http://pastebin.com/xFXTgrPd

Clearing the cache does not solve the problem, either.
That's the webclient's main document itself, not the iframe with the browser control. I need to see the source of the browser's iframe.

Do you also have the exact jQuery file handy? I want to make sure I have both .js files exactly as you have them for testing.
In response to Lummox JR
I'm not sure if I completely understand... I'm not using a browser control in my environment at all.

This is the Jquery I use: http://pastebin.com/Ji0ZX0bt
I get what you mean now. The fixjs code is really only intended for delivery by the browser control, but the munge is delivered with all .js files. I think the simplest solution is for me to just include fixjs in the webclient itself as well as the browser window.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
JavaScript files included by the webclient or directly in a .dms did not function properly.